Search results

1. F

Pics with drummers on the Top 500 list?

Thanks for displaying the picture.
  2. F

Pics with drummers on the Top 500 list?

Hey Alex. How about Les? You have a picture and he should be in the list.
  3. F

House kits

At the Amelia Island Jazz Festival this year, the back line kit was supplied my Les DeMerle, a long time jazz drummer. Nice silver sparkle Craviotto. I watched the drummer for the Tierney Sutton Band just smile as he sat at the kit and adjusted his cymbals and pedals.
  4. F

So, You Think You Are Too Old To Play Drums??

Yes. He’s really great. I love it when he sometimes comes to my house for a lesson and the neighbors mention that my playing has really improved. I’ll tell him about the Drummers Collective lessons.
  5. F

I’ll show him the picture. He’ll get a kick out of it.
  6. F

72 yo here. Just play at home. Been playing on and off since teen years. Taking weekly lessons now, though, with a 75 yo professional who is a big band/ fusion drummer Les DeMerle. He founded and runs the Amelia Island Jazz Festival. Great fun and challenge.
  7. F

What are you listening to right now?

Sweetnighter
  8. F

What are you listening to right now?

How about Sweetwater by Weather Report?
  9. F

Sound proofing; new construction

I’ll try to find that forum.
  10. F

Piano will not move. It is a Schimmel upright. I’ll check out the book. Lots of good information to discuss with the architect.
  11. F

Thanks for all the great detailed information. I don’t think a basement is viable as I am in a beach area. I guess I should put the room on the first floor.
  12. F

Thanks. Yes, I will do that.
  13. F

Perhaps I should have said mitigation. I haven’t dealt with an architect yet. Meeting next week.
  14. F

I’m starting the process of building a new home. My concept is to have an upstairs room with piano and acoustic drums. I would appreciate suggestions as to how best sound proof the room as well as design parameters and details.
  15. F

deep dive: Leonard Cohen

The best. Listen to There Is A War.
  16. F

The more I know, the more I don’t know

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's a great adventure -- really challenging too.
  17. F

The more I know, the more I don’t know

So, as I try to understand and accomplish more, I just realize how little I know about drumming. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been doing this my whole life. Not as a profession but a hobby. Now that I have retired, I have focused. It’s intimidating. I’m not bad and am taking lessons from a...
  18. F

Private collection maple Craviotto snare 14/5.5

Thanks, Chris. The Radio Kings sound a little too hit or miss for me. I understand people's feelings towards expensive drums. I had a no name brand in my teens and twenties and Pearl Exports though my late fifties and sixties. Always wanted what I really wanted. As a kid, it was Ludwig...
  19. F

Private collection maple Craviotto snare 14/5.5

Thanks. I’ll check that out. Great suggestion.
Back