Search results

1. Macarina

How do you find contemporary music you like?

I’m similar, when I need to concentrate on work or a project I dial in Trip Hop (chill out) on Pandora.
  2. Macarina

How do you find contemporary music you like?

My whole life has been a journey to discover music. I evolve and so does how I find new music. I long ago quit listening to radio for music because I realized the music funneled to me through radio stations was ver limiting. In the recent decade, Pandora has been my key to finding other stuff...
  3. Macarina

Kansas City or St. Louis music scenes?

I lived in St. Louis most of my life (now retired in Florida). I know very little about Kansas City except the couple of visits and it appears to be the sister city to St. Louis in similar ways. St. Louis has always been an excellent music town, but it has definitely evolved. Growing up, the...
  4. Macarina

With No Running Allowed: Is Golf a Sport?

Should I even bring up Esports? 😏
  5. Macarina

"Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" cover by Metallica

I watched that whole performance. Nope. Admittedly I’m biased… been an EJ fan since day one and find Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding just musical excellence. Metallica have their sound and I enjoy some of their stuff... But this cover was not it.
  6. Macarina

It never fails (audience requests)

Our Monday Night Jam Band encourages requests. We are always playing something new and I’m really starting to dig that direction. When Brittney Spears, Bread or an artist/song I’ve never heard is suggested, I would give it the fuzzy eyeball. Then we dive head first into it with all our own take...
  7. Macarina

what other hobbies, interests do you have?

Aw damn nice tie collection…. Those are art and need to be shown.
  8. Macarina

what other hobbies, interests do you have?

Since I’ve retired and moved to Florida last year, my hobbies have slightly changed. Steampunk is still my fav… now focusing on turning things steampunk vs. cosplay. It’s too freaking hot to wear leather, long sleeves and pants, top hats 🤨. Also did an Industrial Modern design to my new Man...
  9. Macarina

Why do you drum?

The music and rhythms just resonate through my body, in my head and then outward. If people are around and enjoy, that’s just the cherry on top of my enjoyment. Guess it comes down to the very basics with my lizard brain 😊
  10. Macarina

The guy nobody wants to jam with

Someone should take these few paragraphs and write a screenplay for a short story film. This sounds classic in characterization and story which a lot of folks are familiar with. Not necessarily a band situation, but this story would resonate.
  11. Macarina

What's your weakness (drums or drumming)? Here's mine.

Technical… Buzz rolls.… gahhhhhh Equipment… Bubinga wood kits
  12. Macarina

Music Genre and Instrument Trends by Rick Beato

watched this earlier as well. While thoroughly enjoy all the different takes Rick beings to viewers, I did find this one interesting data wise.
  13. Macarina

Not scared of AI but this is something else entirely.

I’ve seen this in movies … it does not end well 🤨
  14. Macarina

That's it i'm getting Superior Drummer

That kit looks and so fantastic. I love E-kits, if they have great dialed in sounds.
  15. Macarina

Bands where NOBODY is an original member!

The original title of ‘Nobody’ is tough… but if it was reworded to MOSTOF THE BAND IS NOT ORIGINAL, then that focuses much more on struggles I find today with touring bands. I’m constantly raising my eyebrows when I see bands come into town with a band name vs. Tribute to the _________. For...
  16. Macarina

The original title of ‘Nobody’ is tough… but if it was reworded to MOST OF THE BAND IS NOT ORIGINAL, then that focuses much more on struggles I find today with touring bands. I’m constantly raising my eyebrows when I see bands come into town with a THE band name vs. Tribute to the _________...
  17. Macarina

Badfinger… well not now, but way back when A BAND was touring as Badfinger, I rather enjoyed the show… … come to find out, the only original member was the sound guy. 🤨 looking at wiki, the iterations of Badfinger is astounding.
  18. Macarina

Top Drummers Who Perform in Gloves

Ya beat me to it. I found this Rolling Stone interview with Nigel and it’s pretty comprehensive and interesting read (gloves do come up 😏) https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/nigel-olsson-reflects-on-50-years-of-playing-drums-for-elton-john-713606/
  19. Macarina

Would you play a drum kit with this finish?

Of course I’d sit down and play that kit. Whats the reasoning behind the hesitation?
  20. Macarina

Bank Of Dave… Def Leppard

Just a heads up for both Def Leppard fans and if you just like good storytelling. Bank of Dave on Netflix recent premiered and I highly recommend this entertaining little flick. The music is fun throughout as well and the cherry is Def Leppard does eventully make a cameo appearance. Again...
Back