Search results

1. doggyd69b

what's the difference between the Groove and the Pocket?

Also not my taste and I don't know the names of any of her songs, I do recognize some of them because I have been around people that listen to radio and they do play her songs constantly so I have heard some of them. Regardless of how one feels, she is popular and making a lot of money. I am...
  2. doggyd69b

I don't know if the courses speak as much about the music but more about how they created an entire marketing campaign around it.
  3. doggyd69b

MY opinion is that if the drumming works for the music (not too much, not too little, not too slow and not too fast) then you can call it what you want (Groove, pocket or whatever) but if it works then the label is irrelevant. To me there is no difference between groove and pocket based on the...
  4. doggyd69b

Alesis Strata Prime

The Strata Prime will not be in the preset list in EZ or Superior Drummer, maybe in a future update but not yet. However selecting other Alesis module should work.
  5. doggyd69b

Alesis Strata Prime

Like most other recent Electronic kits, the module has a USB port which of course is how you would connect it to your computer. You might need to download and install a driver from the Alesis website in order for your computer to "see" the module. Once that has been done, Open EZDrummer (stand...
  6. doggyd69b

Yamaha EAD10 trigger add-ons and VSTs?

Most current drum modules have USB out which means they are capable of recording Audio via USB to the computer or at the very least send MIDI signals to the computer via USB and audio via analog left and right channels if you connect those to a sound interface. MIDI is that data that VSTs...
  7. doggyd69b

Alesis Strata Prime

It's an Alesis that is why. As Doraemon stated, test with a different cable. Worst case scenario you might have to open the pad and verify that the piezos are still connected properly.
  8. doggyd69b

With No Running Allowed: Is Golf a Sport?

I went to a gaming convention, they had some computers you could use to play so I played vs this random guy... it was Quake at the time. Whoever got 100 kills first won, it was him vs me and all the rest were computer generated characters. After a while he beat me 100 vs my 99. He asked me if I...
  9. doggyd69b

Yard/garage sales

My area is not rural but all surroundings are, EVERYBODY has guns (I don't yet) so random people will not just drive around if they don't belong. (I did inherit a closet size gun safe that I need to start filling up). I don't shop for much anymore, my wife has her own online auction franchise...
  10. doggyd69b

Band as a business.

11. doggyd69b

Band as a business.

Katy Perry... yes Katy Perry sold her music and all for over 200 Mil.... so definitely still a lot of money for some.
  12. doggyd69b

Want to make your pedal feel lighter in an instant?

So in essence you just increased the radius of the cam without changing your pedal. I would just be afraid of the chain coming off but if it works for you then its good.
  13. doggyd69b

Want to make your pedal feel lighter in an instant?

Maybe some before and after pictures would help illustrate what you just explained above a tad better.
  14. doggyd69b

Band as a business.

You are correct people spent a lot of money to go see.... Taylor Swift for example. Those in Asia particularly since they had to travel to a different country and book hotels and such, so much that it was beneficial to the hosting country's economy. I am sure live music is still going to be...
  15. doggyd69b

Please recommend a good DAW

I'm pretty sure you can find a "Cheat Sheet" on most any popular DAWs available today. Also working with MIDI maybe unavoidable as a lot of bands like to replace instruments (drums mostly) but keyboards and such can become strings or high end pianos. If we think about it, MIDI by all intents and...
  16. doggyd69b

Logic is designed for Mac, I don't think there is a pc version out there and if there is it will probably be designed to work "better" in a Mac than in a Windows computer. My suggestion to the OP is to basically list the 5 things that his ideal DAW should be able to do then focus his research...
  17. doggyd69b

Not lifetime updates , you get updates up to TWO versions up (this means about 20 or so then it stops allowing you to update unless you pay again). but, to get those 20 or so updates it could take over 2 years so in the grand scheme of things you having to pay $60 or 65 every 2 years averages to...
  18. doggyd69b

Need advice on video+audio recording my band

It will work, but you are going to spend a lot of time putting all those audio sources together and properly mixed. then the video has to be synced. My suggestion is to rent a mixer that can record. I am sure Guitar Center offers that. You can rent the mixer and the other needed items (mics...
  19. doggyd69b

Band as a business.

I know this is not a new thing, but I guess we will see a lot more of this now that some famous bands members are getting too old to perform. What I mean is when the band has really no original members... that one is quite common, but what is now starting to appear is when the band is more like...
  20. doggyd69b

what other hobbies, interests do you have?

I have no interest in going because golf is not appealing to me but to each his own. I remember watching a tournament in TX, (I just happened to be driving by the course), it was interesting to see hundreds of women (which are much less interested than me even) but certainly in attendance. I...
Back