Search results

1. Al Strange

drummers who can't read music notation

I played by ear for 3 years prior to meeting my teacher Eric. One of the first things Eric did was explain the importance of learning to read…it would help my development and make me a more well rounded player/musician. As he’d predicted over the course of 6 months working with him my playing...
  2. Al Strange

Cymbals keep getting bigger

My preference is for clean, crisp 14” Paiste hats, though I also own a pair of 12”…still haven’t been tempted to buy 15” hats which I think would be my max size for hats. Since around 1992 I won’t crash anything less than an 18” and my rides are 20” and 22”…I only own one crash cymbal you’d...
  3. Al Strange

Jeff Porcaro

4. Al Strange

Rescuing Yamaha Gadd Birch

Killer job, I hope you get a good price for it now it looks and sounds mint! :) (y)
  5. Al Strange

Zildjian is "Bringing Back" something on April 9, 2024

OMG that’s awful!!! :ROFLMAO:
  6. Al Strange

Pics with drummers on the Top 500 list?

Mickey is one of my favourite players! Any inside info on why Pat Stewart returned to the fold and took over Mickey’s longstanding gig with Bryan Adams? :unsure: :)(y) PS Get a pic sharpish and post here!!:D
  7. Al Strange

is this worth picking up or am i wasting my money?

That’s 15 euros you can save towards buying an unbroken cymbal! :) (y)
  8. Al Strange

Live video from tour

Nicely smashed @Living Dead Drummer ! :) (y)
  9. Al Strange

Freshly cleaned :)

Looking good @jaykaydrums , looking good! :LOL: (y)
  10. Al Strange

Zildjian is "Bringing Back" something on April 9, 2024

Cheers for the demo mate…I thought the crash cymbals sounded great…I preferred the 22” ride to the Megabell and holy smoke I even thought the hats were nice and crisp! As a diehard Paiste guy when it comes to hats and rides, I would actually check these out!:oops:(y):)
  11. Al Strange

15" Hats?

Spoiler, I’ll probably opt for the 2oo2’s!!:ROFLMAO:(y)
  12. Al Strange

15" Hats?

I only play Paiste hats and own two pairs of Paiste 14” and a pair of 12” crispy combo…if I went for a 15” hat I might break from tradition and consider pitting Paiste 2oo2 SE with Sabian (HH) or Zildjian (New Beats)…hmmmmm. :unsure:
  13. Al Strange

Am I the only one who wants my picture taken with @Alex Sanguinetti ?:unsure::D(y)
  14. Al Strange

70% Of Myself: A Weight Loss Thread

You’re the man! Nicely smashed!:D(y)👏
  15. Al Strange

Woah @Alex Sanguinetti , you broke the interweb! Fantastic pics!:love:(y)
  16. Al Strange

Pic with Mr Donati: :)
  17. Al Strange

what other hobbies, interests do you have?

Thanks for that mate. :LOL:I’ve got a Spurs mug, not to be confused with a cup…😑
  18. Al Strange

what other hobbies, interests do you have?

Other than playing drums I also like football (soccer - I’m a Tottenham Hotspur fan), drawing cartoons, writing music, singing, making people laugh (life is short!), and drinking coffee!!! :) (y)
  19. Al Strange

My report from the Las Vegas Drum Show 2024

What a cool write up @striker ! I remember going to [I think] the very first UK drum show, held in a barn of all places…these things tend to grow. I feel like I was there with you! Hope you enjoyed your day…:)(y)
Back