Search results

1. Troy McClure

Would you play a drum kit with this finish?

I would play it, I wouldn't buy it.
  2. Troy McClure

The Only Covers I Want To Play Are....

I've learned as long as it makes them dance, people don't seem to care what the song is. If something obscured is played and they can't move to it they could lose interest.
  3. Troy McClure

Bass player took a separate gig, said we shouldn't play without him.

Sounds like the bass player is a legend in his own mind. 'If I can't play, no one plays.' Get lost. What a terrible attitude.
  4. Troy McClure

Breaking News: World's Most Famous Drummer Travis Barker Injures Finger Ahead of Mega-Tour

I agree, still they have no problem writing 'one of the greatest of all time', that's what I was commenting on. Someone will read it, and believe it too.
  5. Troy McClure

Breaking News: World's Most Famous Drummer Travis Barker Injures Finger Ahead of Mega-Tour

According to Blabbermouth.net, "Travis Barker is celebrated as one of the greatest drummers of all time." However, I'm not going to argue with your example!
  6. Troy McClure

Love the way 'greatest drummers of all time' gets tossed around these days.
  7. Troy McClure

Steve Smith

And did you remove the cap before handing the marker to him? :D Either these incidents happened or they didn't. Sounds to me like they did. If so, its poor behaviour, sorry.
  8. Troy McClure

Dom Famularo passed

Sad to hear. A friend and I would affectionately refer to him as Dom Fabuloso. So much enthusiasm for the drums. RIP Domenico.
  9. Troy McClure

Open Mic Nights - How To?

I did an open mic not long ago and got up with a guitar player I didn't know who asks us (myself, bass + guitar) if we know Proud Mary by CCR. Sure thing. So he starts the song off alone and I'm thinking, 'is he doing the Tina Turner version?', because the tempo is much faster than CCR's. So I...
  10. Troy McClure

swing the drum fill?

The spacing is different. Straight -> 1 e & a 2 Triplets -> 1 & a 2 In regards to the fill in question the strokes are doubled, so there are 6 strokes before you get to the 2.
  11. Troy McClure

When you don't click with your bass player

I like how they coverd the guitar player's face.
  12. Troy McClure

Practice vs talent

Talent isn't much without hard work.
  13. Troy McClure

Rick Astley Plays Drums on "Highway to H-E-Double Toothpicks"

In Canada we say it 'H-E- double hockey sticks', eh.
  14. Troy McClure

Are you at that point ….

I'm there, thankfully, when seeing the price of everything today...although I would like to pick up a good crash/ride. Then I'd be done. I think...
  15. Troy McClure

Advice - Singer wont give me my cymbals back?!?!

Lets hope he still has them, and isn't avoiding you because he doesn't. I would just show up. There would be no excuse for him not to give them to you if you were right there. If that fails involve the law.
  16. Troy McClure

I sucked at drums for most of my years

Lucky you Larry. I suck at drums for all of my years.
  17. Troy McClure

For one hour I would like to play like…

I hate the Leafs but Wendel was a beauty for sure.
Back