Search results

1. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What's your favorite thing about being a drummer?

it allowed/s me to: 1. get the beats I always hear in my head, out of my head 2. have a connection to an ancient form of communication, and to have a discipline that is ever evolving that I can study forever 3. make connections with people 4. have a career where I can pass on the experience to...
  2. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What are you eating right now.

well...i know what I am picking up for lunch tomorrow!!!!
  3. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Without Ringo On Ed Sullivan 60 Years Ago Today, How Would Your Drumming Life Be Different?

gotta love The Shaggs reference!!!! That is a hard style to copy :cool:
  4. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

The Death Of The Drumstick?

after reading this thread, it made me think back on how many gigs I have ever had where we were told to play softer I can only think of 3 gigs in 40+ years of playing where that actually happened, and they have all been with my country band (none of the metal or punk gigs ever got told to be...
  5. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

The Death Of The Drumstick?

through many years of orchestral/concert band playing, I have developed a pretty solid quiet touch on the drums, so I can still use sticks at pretty low volumes. My jazz group often plays retirement homes, and sometimes have to turn it down a bit. Or, I use a brush on the drums - left hand - and...
  6. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

if i had a waffle maker, I don't think I would leave the house...other than to get the ingredients
  7. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

am i being daft or is this worse??

yeah...the second mix is definitely more cluttered than the first one. almost sounds like he tried to replace the drums with a drum machine the whole thing seems sort of suspicious and "dick-move" like to me
  8. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

sounds like there was a little "second agenda" there as well!!! :cool:
  9. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What other forums do you enjoy, not music-related

Tacomaworld TalkBass The Trading Card Database Sports Card Forum MountainBiker VitalBMX
  10. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Most overused word of the day award goes to...

I teach at 3 Catholic middle schools, and 1 Catholic high school...and the modern day excuses are off of the charts....my high school kids know that they are going to get "old school" demands and expectations from me, and the parents know it too b/c I tell them that in the first meeting of the...
  11. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Dying spark from drumming for too long?

same...but I also love teaching kids music...if I could just do that, and avoid all of the PD conferences, and work days at school, it woulsd be a perfect job
  12. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What's your latest purchase?

oh man...now I gotta fight GAS.....
  13. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Simple cymbal set-ups.

for my jazz/country/rockabilly band, it is all Zildjian 15" 90's era Quick Beat hats 17" '00's era K Dark Custom crash 18" '50's era A crash w/ rivets 22" '50's era A ride for the country band, a 22" 90's era K ride replaces the 50's one
  14. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Short Vid From Sunday Night

phat!!!!
  15. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Without Ringo On Ed Sullivan 60 Years Ago Today, How Would Your Drumming Life Be Different?

oh jeez....gonna have to dig deep for that!!! Sounds like a goal for the next couple of weeks!!
  16. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Your biggest mistakes as a beginner drummer

that is the story of my life in many activities!!!! but yeah...rebound is magic and upstrokes!!
  17. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Dying spark from drumming for too long?

this has happened to me often as I creep towards my 5th decade of playing. there is an infinite amount of stuff I need to work on to get better, so there is always material. As i have said before...i dread the day when I have no more to improve on if I get bored with drumming, I grab my bass...
  18. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

yep...I am an unashamed Neil Peart/john Panozzo/Phil Ehart/Joe Morello/Clive Burr/Nicko McBrain/Scott Rockenfield/Marl Zonder/Omar Hakim/Tim Alexander/Alex VanHalen/Bill Ward/Gene Krupa clone. And i would imagine some of them would cite Ringo as an influence
  19. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I need advice

I also actively avoided dating in high school, and part way through college. It saved me TONS of drama and misery ,and allowed me to get my personal life in order. I saw what my freind s were going through and wanted no part of that. I pretty much agree with everything @A J mentiones above...
  20. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What's your latest purchase?

dammit!!! One more down that I can't have.....
Back