Search results

1. C

Just finished putting this together...

Remo Starfire Chrome
  2. C

I bought two used Page drum kits off of Craigslist years ago. I liked the drums overall, but ended up not being a fan of the sizes. So I borrowed the lugs, made the appropriately sized cables, and put this kit together.
  3. C

Ah, but they DO. The lugs do not connect to the shell. If the cable wasn't there, the lugs just hang from the hoops. So (with the cable installed) when you turn a tension rod, the lug moves toward/away from the hoop, which increases/decreases tension on the cable, which in turn changes...
  4. C

Yep, both heads are tuned equally, at all times. I don't think I've played a venue, personally, where I've felt a need to alter the tension relationship between the heads, even when I use standard kits. I may tune a drum up or down (very rarely), or adjust muffling. But I don't change tuning...
  5. C

A couple more pics from gigs this week. 🤘
  6. C

Evans G2 Clear over Remo Ambassador Starfire Chrome on toms Evans EMAD 2 over Remo Ambassador Starfire Chrome on kick Evans G2 Coated over Evans 300 on snare
  7. C

That's because it's the only one 😉. If you're referring to the tuning system specifically, check out Hudson Drums (formerly Page Drums). They use lugs that touch the shells now, but same concept.
  8. C

Another great feature is, between the 2mm aluminum shells, aluminum lugs, Gauger Alloy RIMS, aluminum N&C mounts, aluminum bass drum spurs and drum hoop claws, the drums are SUPER light. I can pick the bass drum up with one hand and hold it in front of me at arm's length. I'm in my mid-40s...
  9. C

Just added another pic to my post a few messages back showing the smashed tab connector, and where it sits behind the upper tension rod. The heads can be loosened or tightened as much as you want.
  10. C

Check out my post right above your most recent post for more detailed pics/explanation. The lugs can lightly contact the shell when you turn a rod. But they straighten themselves back out as soon as your done turning the rod. That can be avoided by just holding the lug while tuning.
  11. C

There's no mechanism really. Just a steel cable running through channels in the floating lugs. The cables are connected at the end with a coupler that I smashed down with a vice and a hammer, then ground down with a Dremel. The tab is positioned at the "top" of a lug, behind the tension rod.
  12. C

The lugs are not attached to the shell, and are held on to the hoops with standard tension rods. Turning the tension rods puts tension on the cable, which then tightens both heads evenly. I haven't had any issues with anything loosening so far. The rods simply don't back out of the lugs...
  13. C

New drum rug option

Been using those for my drums for years. They're great! I'll never understand why people out there are paying $100+ for a drum rug.
  14. C

They work really well. The heads are always in tune with each other. The worst that could happen, tuning-wise, is that the whole drum lowers evenly in pitch. So even if it "detunes", it's still in tune. I've only been using them for about a week, but no detuning of any kind so far.
  15. C

Oriollo Phantom aluminum shells (10x7, 12x8, 15x12, 22x14), and Pearl Chad Smith 14x5 signature snare Page/Hudson cable-tension aluminum lugs Gauger Alloy RIMS w/Noble & Cooley CoolMounts Inde bass drum spurs 1.6mm triple-flanged hoops on top, S-Hoops on bottom
  16. C

Dead Drum Fads

It was a HUGE trend in the early '00s. Often referred to simply as "vented" snares.
  17. C

Strips on the tall boys.

Inlays on the tom hoops look classy?
  18. C

How do you split up gig money?

But for real though, we're a 4-piece. So we split it 5 ways. Everyone gets 1/5th. The person who books the gig gets the remaining 1/5th.
  19. C

We don't f*** around.
  20. C

Knife fight in the parking lot.
Back