Search results

1. bearblastbeats

How far is your commute to practice?

Yea, the funny thing about it all is that I finished my basement and have ample room to play. None of them are interested in playing at my place. I'm not really interested to pursue music much anymore at my time in life. Too much headache for very little reward.
  2. bearblastbeats

Update. Band didn't go anywhere after the first jam. Too much life going on and the commute really sucked. Still looking for the golden unicorn of a band that wants a extraordinarily mediocre time keeper, that has paid gigs, and no BS.
  3. bearblastbeats

An old guitar player friend of mine is starting a new band of top tier players and is giving me the opportunity to take the reins on drums. I jammed with them last Wednesday and everything was pretty tight. Everyone did their homework before the jam and muscled out a dozen or so songs. The...
  4. bearblastbeats

100 Most Skilled Drummers

Damn. I must of been the 101st...
  5. bearblastbeats

Numbness in fingers while playing

Yea. Copay is only 25$ with insurance. Seems worth it
  6. bearblastbeats

Thanks all. I have a chiro appointment set for Thursday. Let's see how this goes.
  7. bearblastbeats

Played with a new group of guys Saturday night for a bit. Felt nice to work out the cobwebs and start to get back out their after a few months. Still having an issue with numbness in my right hand while playing. I typically start before playing for a good 10-15 minutes, arms, legs, shoulders...
  8. bearblastbeats

When are you going to quit gigging?

I haven't played a gig since Halloween. I pretty much haven't even played the drums since either. I just started looking into a gigging band because other than working out, I realized I don't have any hobbies or a social life. So, I'll try it out again.
  9. bearblastbeats

Finding new music

Yea I hard the new baroness song. It's alright. I ordered the vinyl for my wife and their next concert tix in our area. Haven't seen them live since their purple tour.
  10. bearblastbeats

Finding new music

How do yall go about finding new music? I'm stuck on the old stuff I've been listening to for decades. I tried Apple music and their stations made from bands I like but they just play the same 18 songs, so I made another station, and another. I primarily use YouTube while at work to scope...
  11. bearblastbeats

Drum thrones suck

I've tried a few different thrones but always go back to the standard roc n soc with the bicycle seat. Been using them for a few decades.
  12. bearblastbeats

I had to let an old friend go...

Very true. I only got one ass!
  13. bearblastbeats

Oh no. I still have my vintage kits and a Roland. Just making some room in the pseudio.
  14. bearblastbeats

Downsizing the lot, free up some cash flow.
  15. bearblastbeats

After over a decade of commitment and perseverance I said good bye to my Yamaha Stage Custom, a set of the 700 series hardware and some Istanbul Agops. It was a long good run with me and her and though she taught me plenty I had to let her go. Is was a somber week but I know she is being...
  16. bearblastbeats

Help me to get my new drummer playing way softer

Man, I'd change my UN to Thumpy McHammerhands if only I knew how! Lol. Few things I've done to fight this issue while I was learning dynamics. duct tape wallet to snare Use coated heads on the reso and 2ply coated heads on batter. Coated head on reso side of bass and probably 2 of the Evans...
  17. bearblastbeats

Pearl Drummers Forum, what happened?

Idk Not a member but drummerworld is restricted on my work computer so I haven't been posting in a while. Making this post from my phone now. What a pita
  18. bearblastbeats

K vs A

Used to use As. Went to KS. Went to Meinl Darks, to meinl Drys, to Istanbul Sigs, to now a mix of signs and 30th annies.
  19. bearblastbeats

To sell or not to sell

I don't need gear. I was going to pay down some credit cards haha.
  20. bearblastbeats

To sell or not to sell

Yea there's plenty of space. It's a nice kit to keep set in the basement for a quick session.
Back