Search results

1. rebonn

Post your Gig Pics

Tooneys house kit.
  2. rebonn

What setting on the DW 9000 is closest to the Accelerator Pedal

I was wondering what setting ( 0 to 100 % ) the 9000 would be the closest relation to the 5000 Accelerator. Do you prefer a milder or more aggressive setting than the comparable Accelerator.
  3. rebonn

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

The compact Signia
  4. rebonn

Post your Gig Pics

The Premier Signia before the storm. Showtime
  5. rebonn

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

You mean Backwards? 🤪😁
  6. rebonn

Is Premier back?

My Premier’s are probably the best looking, sounding and favorite setup I have. 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, and 14 x 7 snare. I have others that come close but these are definitely special to me. Too bad Premier fell to the wayside. Not sure how this type of attempted comeback will do. We’ll see.
  7. rebonn

R K L K Linear Fill

Still working on this Body Roll as I call it (RKLK). Fast bursts are the easiest, which I use within a fill. Medium tempo around 120 is what I'm needing to get down. I think this sounds like the most earthy, caveman type basic linear pattern there is. Mike Mangini finished a drum solo with it...
  8. rebonn

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

A Mapex Mars, one of the lowest cost drum sets served me well at last nights gig.
  9. rebonn

Post your Gig Pics

Saturday night with the Mapex Mars.
  10. rebonn

Left Side Floor Tom

Here's last Saturday Night's Mapex Mars Rock Kit with a left side floor tom. I love it. Since I've been playing with it for a while, it's never going back to the right.
  11. rebonn

What's your latest purchase?

Broke a snare head on my Pearl Export workhorse so I’m putting the fiber skin head that came with the Black Panther Maximus Jeff Hamilton Mahogany snare on the Export and a new Remo Emperor X on the Maximus. The fiber skin has held up better than I anticipated. I have a Remo Emperor X on a Black...
  12. rebonn

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

A 4 piece conglomeration of Tama, Ludwig and Remo albeit a practice pad set. I love it.
  13. rebonn

R K L K Linear Fill

Practical ? We’ll, if I use it as 1 of the 4 patterns within a fill, I think it’s great. I’ll use it as a blast within other things or perhaps end a solo with it.
  14. rebonn

R K L K Linear Fill

Didn't know that, and with one kick. Yes, the doubles and ruffs are good for slower tempos, really changes things. I do that with other linear stuff where the kicks are usually together. That's why I like this riff, a kick between everything. I like inserting it into things for a beat or so...
  15. rebonn

R K L K Linear Fill

I've got the hang of it. I don't see a problem using it within a fill such as others using the RLKK the same way or actually alternating between the two. I actually like it at a slower tempo as well.
  16. rebonn

Left Side Floor Tom

Or all out with tympani ! 🤪
  17. rebonn

Left Side Floor Tom

The main reasons for me is not having to play a drum that's behind you, especially if you have a 16 and 18 which puts it pretty far back, and of course the different orchestrations with the left hand. Playing around the hihat takes some getting used to and I find myself playing the left floor...
  18. rebonn

Anyone ever have a hand-painted reso kick drum head? Care to post a pic?

I just put on our logo. It’s a print of a Boomslang within the font. Our guitar player is a fantastic painter but said it would take him too long to do. In fact, that’s why he doesn’t paint any more. He feels it takes to long for the amount of money made. Hopefully now that he’s retired, maybe...
  19. rebonn

Do you use a limiter with your IEM's? If so, what kind?

I use the Behringer P1 that has a built in limiter but no control and don’t know how well it works. There’s only 3 of us and I’m the only one with iem’s. The mixer has limiters but probably won’t check them out in the monitors until an ice pick is jammed through my ears by way of feedback or a...
  20. rebonn

Left Side Floor Tom

I’m beginning to appreciate a left side floor tom for left hand leads on linear triplets and quads etc… I learned that way many years ago thinking at the time of being more practical, like playing a Hot for Teacher beat and keeping the left hand on the snare and moving around better with the...
Back