Search results

1. D

New to drums, intro and a couple questions.

Hi all, just wanted to give an update on my progress. I have been working thru an Instructional book I bought when I got my e-drums called Fast Track Drums vol 1. I think it's a pretty basic book but right now it is more than fine for me. It starts out with some Ride basics, then snare, then...
  2. D

New drummer with TD-4 e-drums. Hi hat help

Update: Got an FD-9 and am happy with as a beginning drummer can be. I am still working on some very basic stuff so when I am doing an exercise that uses the hit hat closed only I will throw the FD-8 back in. Figure I'll save a little mileage on the better one while I can. Once I get to working...
  3. D

Thank you electrodrummer ! Do you think the adjustment from a FD-9 or FD -8 to a acoustic hi hat stand would be a major event? Just thinking about how it would go when I get good enough to sit in at a jam or something with a house set. Happy New Year. Hope your 2021 is great.
  4. D

So I am a beginning drummer with a Roland TD-4 set I bought used. I had to replace the KD-8 with a FT-9 to satisfy my low noise requirement. ( aka the wife) I have the FD-8 hi hat pedal that came with the set. It works but I have to step down harder to get a sound from it. I think that rubber...
  5. D

New to Drumming: NewB Questions.

I am close to you in age and just starting out myself after about 30 years on guitar. This forum has been absolutely awesome.
  6. D

Just wanted to say happy holidays to all. Thanks for all the advise you have all provided. I have been giving equal time to both cross hand and open while practicing the "money beat" I am pretty close to dedicating myself to cross hand LOL. I also started working on the basic jazz beat...
  7. D

I'd like to thank every one of you for posting, all of you have made great points that I appreciate. brentcn, you make a great point and one I have been thinking about. Becoming just an adequate drummer will be a task, one I can achieve but a task nonetheless. I doubt there is anything I can...
  8. D

I have been playing guitar for about 30 years and also own an e-kit . ( Roland TD-4) My initial goals were to get some basic grooves/fills/etc under my belt to do some basic recording. I've had the set for a few years and started taking lessons but had to stop the lessons after about a month...
Back