Search results

1. RichFaulk

Sonor SQ2 wait times

I'm drooling over here. That's just about my dream kit right there.
  2. RichFaulk

What's up with Sonor's marketing decisions?

It's not an intentional thing. They make a product to a certain standard without downstream considerations. As a result all kinds of outside factors interpose themselves between the drum maker and the drummer, trade agreements and stupid things like that. But honestly this kind of problem is...
  3. RichFaulk

Happy October - Show us your Monster

The coolest thing about this kit is the little kick drum mounted on an upside down horizontal snare basket
  4. RichFaulk

@jda can't say I know JDA, some of those ads are older than I am :)
  5. RichFaulk

If I was going to buy a high end German Sonor it couldn't be anything other than beech.
  6. RichFaulk

If you haven't ever played an AQ2, try to find one at a store to demo, preferably one with the factory heads replaced with something good. You might be surprised.
  7. RichFaulk

Pearl sTODDio drum kit

The 6" tom is kino.
  8. RichFaulk

Pearl sTODDio drum kit

That's so awesome. Talk about a dream job. That 6x7 is really cool.
  9. RichFaulk

Pearl sTODDio drum kit

MY MAN!!!! What's the delivery estimate? ...and good luck with the wife
  10. RichFaulk

Pearl sTODDio drum kit

Pics or it didn't happen crusher
  11. RichFaulk

Where to get custom shell blanks?

That's a pretty good idea. I can find AQ2 lugs easy but none of them seem to come with the rubber gaskets, so with the leg brackets, so cannibalizing an AQ1 may be the better route. Hardware parts are exactly the same as AQ2. Probably wouldn't save any money but would be a lot easier than...
  12. RichFaulk

Cool huge vintage Tama kit

The old "I don't really want to sell it, I just want to show it off" price
  13. RichFaulk

Yeah hoops would probably take it to $600 - these are all top end estimates though and it would probably be less, especially if I could find a way to do a hardware bundle from Thomann or something. As far as harvesting random hardware goes, I'm trying to build a drum that matches my kit as...
  14. RichFaulk

Cool huge vintage Tama kit

I can think of plenty to do with it all, but at an average of $1000 per drum? Cost-benefit ratio is off.
  15. RichFaulk

The Nordic shell I have mocked up right now (18x17, maple, 8-ply/5.4mm) is $163, plus $24.00 for bearing edges, then tax and shipping. It would be worth the extra $ to not have to cut an inch off and then put a new bearing edge on.
  16. RichFaulk

Thanks I hadn't been able to find out a ton about Nordic but the stuff on their website looks fantastic.
  17. RichFaulk

Funny again, I blew right past a pinstripe and stuck an Evans Hydraulic on one. It gets a nice thud but ends up sounding more like a kick than a tom and the pitch is barely changed.
  18. RichFaulk

You know its funny because I actually do have two matching 16x15s (in use on two different kits currently) but I like it JAW as is so tough to go any lower. The reason I'm kind of fixated here is because I want a shell bank that is as expansive as possible, for as many situations as possible...
  19. RichFaulk

This is interesting: https://www.posteror.com/1970-s-slingerland-sound-king-era-floor-tom-18x17-walnut-lacquer-tom The title says 18x17 but description lists the diameter 13"? Probably a mistake. I got a lot more results when I googled "18x17 floor tom -sonor"
  20. RichFaulk

I've been looking and it must be an oddball size because the only ones I see are new SQ1s. If you happen to see one, ping me.
Back