Search results

1. iwantmemoney

LP produced product after signing NDA w/me...w/o/me

Do I have a case? I got the agreement 2 yrs. ago, it's good for 7 yrs. They weren't interested. I went into the store a few weeks ago and there it was, made by them.
  2. iwantmemoney

Music Will Save the World

Hi all, I'd like to re-enter the Earth's most pristine atmosphere of Drummerworld forum, and what better way than to speak about one of the most amazing concerts in terms of pure enjoyment that I have ever been to: just left Fenway Park in Boston after watching Bonnie Raitt and James Taylor...
  3. iwantmemoney

Subdividing at the pump...

Hope all schlagzeugers are doing well and howdy. So do you have it down to the zeros when you pump your gas - like you take the dollar marker, as you're pumping the gas, down into four or five or ten divisions so that when you get to $20 or whatever it is, you release the handle and you hit...
  4. iwantmemoney

Drums on the Half Shell

I'm playing a lot right now in this hall that was designed to hear pins drop, so you touch the drums with a feather and it sounds like the 4th of July. I was gonna just quit playing and shoot myself but I realized I can still play the drums in any other room or any other place-just not in this...
  5. iwantmemoney

Murder With Intent

"It's like an act of murder; you play with intent to commit something". - Duke Ellington Nicked that from New England Conservatory's events page. No posts needed really, just thought folks would dig on it- it definitely works for me when I'm really "committing something" serious. Recording...
  6. iwantmemoney

Throwdown

I've been trying to liberate my left hand traditional grip for quite some time now. I can't say that I've always been totally correct about it either. I'm getting there now but I used to say that I'm either going to kill my hand or become a cyborg-nothing in between. I definitely had to let go...
  7. iwantmemoney

Boston and The State of Affairs (hopefully a peaceful discussion)

We have some mortal enemies, that's for sure. As a nation, our actions and reactions haven't always been the most appropriate(IMO), including the incidental killing of many children in this mess. So we've created sworn enemies through this. And that doesn't count the ones who hated us from the...
  8. iwantmemoney

Velvet Cannons

Hey! I am so guilty of not being a part of this forum. Apologies! Quite honestly I am completely obsessed with practicing every spare moment, of which I don't have many, and doing the forum just eats them in megabytes. So I'm not coming on here as a first time poster with this. I have drum...
  9. iwantmemoney

Licks and Grooves

Hi. Been a long time, and I wish I was a more active participant in DW. I do peruse when I can, and see all the good stuff I've missed...but I'd like to send lots of love and good energy to all fellow drummists. My question is who can link me to the greatest grooves, and the greatest licks...
  10. iwantmemoney

OCDP 7 X 13 Ash/Maple Snare Drum

I picked up a used 7 x 13 OCDP Ash/Maple Snare(totally new condition). Have to replace snares, but I love the natural tone it has. I have some hope that it's gonna be a good instrument. Crossing my fingers that after I get the snares right it doesn't choke on a backbeat. I'm not too sure if, in...
  11. iwantmemoney

Writing snare drum solos or exercises for $\€\£\¥

How does one get into that market? I'm sorry because I know this has probably all been discussed before. A link to that thread would be great, in other words. Or if someone from the inner circle, like Bachman or whoever, wants to throw a bone, that would be greatly appreciated! Anything to do...
  12. iwantmemoney

Relocating

I doubt if this even qualifies as off-topic news, but I just felt like telling some drummers for some reason....Am moving to Boston. "Accidentally" got a job there(not music) but it is all part of my plan to create the foundation for getting music into the #1 slot in my life. Of course I stay...
  13. iwantmemoney

Shopping Your Songs

Does anyone have success stories about shopping songs, whether finding a good publisher, selling something on bmi or ascap, or even jingles? Is it inevitable that early efforts may have to be sold for a flat price even if they were to go on and meet with some success?? It's all foreign to me but...
  14. iwantmemoney

sticky for how to search??

no way to compete with the sticks4drums thread!! hysterical. just have to ask- have seen detailed tips on searching, but now can't search for the detailed tips! and damn sure can't find anything else. everything in the drumming universe has been covered numerous times. i'm hopeless. what about...
  15. iwantmemoney

Nutrition for Recovery

Hey ! Other than Brett Farve, are there any 55 year old pro sports players out there? But what if you want to still play drums at a pretty high level at 55 years old? Besides being potentially very physical all-around, it is the specific point of hand strength that I'm talking about. I'm a 55...
  16. iwantmemoney

talk about 'mr. cool'...

epic joy & fulfillment of purpose as a drummer! my son showed me this, and just watching this dude again gave me a huge blast of inspiration! james gadson, the drummer, has been discussed on dw, but i just posted this for those who may not have checked it out. this is a drum lesson...
  17. iwantmemoney

bought sabian evolution cymbal pack

i'm gonna burn in hell for not finding the existing threads on topics...it's not that i don't try! ok maybe i don't knock myself out...blahblahblah. but i did try!! bought the pack- mind ya, i would never be one to buy a cymbal without holding it in my hand and working with it myself, but i...
  18. iwantmemoney

i been actin' a foo'...

i would put this in off topic, but it has a drum in it! (but i'd move it there if i should) i live in "the hood", or more accurately, my block is like the "DMZ", with the "38th parallel" being the street to the east, and the combat zone beyond, and to the west are a lot of brick homes, nice...
  19. iwantmemoney

Say you had 20 minutes to warm up...

and could do only one rudiment...which would it be? I'm asking for the sake of finding the most comprehensive, concentrated hand exercise...and I think I go with the flam tap, mostly because it gets multiples going right away. Possibly the double paradiddle, because the repeating transition...
  20. iwantmemoney

increase speed, strength & control right after a trip to the store

a trip to the hobby or fabric store for elastic string, that is - (please watch the video below)... right now, i can't remember the actual diameter of what i'm using here(there is a very thin string which you wouldn't want to get)... but...if you wanted something which you could use continuously...