Search results

1. iontheable

What bearing Edges?

Hey Guys!! So! A lot has happened recently I actually ended up selling my 6-piece Mapex Meridian kit and trimmings over the past couple weeks due to financial hardship and lack of time/space. However! Someone was looking out for me because I ended up finding a 24x14 Keller Shell in perfect...
  2. iontheable

Help Counting this Song

So I'm not a fan of the music but there are things I'd like to take from the drummer. And I am looking for assistance in counting the time in this track. It seems to easily fall into four and some measures if half time ..nothing crazy. Caution, it's loud...
  3. iontheable

Drum Heads - Two Parter(Not what you think..)

No! I do not need advice on which drum head for "X" genre, despite the illusive title. So, I do a lot of art and for some time I've been wanting to add some designs to my drum heads, come up with a theme and apply it to all my heads eventually. Here's where my questions come though: Does...
  4. iontheable

How's my Heel-Toe?

Alright, I've never had an interest in Heel-Toe until Yesterday..and it shows! Up until recently playing singles and doubles heel up has always been enough for my needs, but now I want more! While I'm very slow at it, after a few hours of "even-ing" it out..it feels like I got somewhere. I know...
  5. iontheable

Flam Speed

Okay..so I feel a bit moronic devoting an entire thread to this..but here it goes: Lately I've been practicing my flams, more specifically flam-tap's within a groove..and I am wondering if I were to play: rL L r l r - with the flam being at the beginning, from any BPM say 70 bpm eights to 120...
  6. iontheable

Dull, boring..lacking the Swing of Things..

Alright gents, I've been behind my kit for over a year at this point and I'm finding my creativity and drive to play consistently- to be quite lacking. I try to keep things fresh by playing different styles but I find when I'm not trying to cover something; when I am just jamming out on my...
  7. iontheable

A different kind if mic..

So my wonderful wife purchased a new GoProHD2 camera for my birthday, with the intention of using it for motorsports, however I quickly started thinking about other things I could record with it! The cameras built in Mic is not half bad and it even has a 3.5mm outlet for an external mic ..even...
  8. iontheable

Attention Tune-Bot Owners!

So last weekend I drove an hour out to the nearest GC to pick up a Tune-Bot..I have a decent set of ears when it comes to tuning..but its a long process for me...my aim with the Tune-Bot was to clarify my tuning methods as well as solidify my ability to properly differentiate minute tonal...
  9. iontheable

For those of you who use Remote Hats..

What clamp are you currently using? I have a small clamp but I absolutely can't stand it and I am looking for one with a longer arm possibly. I saw the Pearl one that mounts to your bass but I don't think that would be good for my bass hoop nor would it place the HH where I would like them...
  10. iontheable

Wow..Custom Byzance..

Just found this deal on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meinl-Byzance-Your-Custom-Set-Pack-FREE-10-Splash-/250773784683?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6348486b#ht_1841wt_954 "Meinl Byzance "Your Custom Set" 5pc Pack with a FREE 10" Splash. Here's the deal - not only does Just Drums have the...
  11. iontheable

Ever fit a 22" BD to a 26" BD? Dirk Did!

So this guy is pretty much amazing. Check out what they were doing in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Gb54eveUo&feature=related Also, if this sort of stuff interests you, check out the Dirk Blast! Flam tap on 1 with triplets..turned into blistering speeds..Gotta love it...
  12. iontheable

New setup and other goodies :)

Not sure if I shared this with you all yet, but I was highly interested in getting my rack toms mounted separately. And here it is: I LOVE the new setup! Works much better for me. Having the ride right there in my face, instead of hanging over the floor toms is a huge improvement. And now I...
  13. iontheable

How do my hands look?

And sound!? So, with two tv dinner trays, a camcorder on my phone and a loud tv in the background I have filmed a brief video of mostly single stroke based work. Some diddles, some trips, nothing fancy. I tried to use a variety of techniques, from my everyday German grip, some push-pull, a...
  14. iontheable

Making something out of nothin..

For all you rockers.. This is the band Sleep, an often overlooked band in the rock archives I truly enjoy their playing, the bassists is absolutely awesome and the drummer makes 'something out of nothing'..guy plays with so much energy he makes the simplest licks sound awesome! A lot of fun...
  15. iontheable

All this talk of Trip-lets has got me thinking..

I cannot for the life of my playing 8th note triplets while keeping straight 8ths with my feet. I have been working on this for a solid 3 weeks and I cannot seem to get the swing of things. I thought my coordination was coming along well until I had attempted this. So, should I take a step...
  16. iontheable

Amp Recommendations

Hey guys, I'm looking for a practice amp for my Bass. But I am curious, if there is a cheap enough one out there ($50-70 tops) that will sound decent with a guitar as well, as I plan to pick one up down the road. Also, I circuit bend small electronics and lately I've been working on a Casio...
  17. iontheable

Need Some Jazzy Help

So, this past year my drumming is really coming alive. I have no expanded my play-ability too far, or as far as I would like. But the improvement is definitely visible when I get behind the kit. With that said, would anyone mind giving me the snare pattern for this particular piece...
  18. iontheable

Mapex hardware!!

Alright as some of you might know, I recently acquired my Meridian Kit and I'm looking for some configuration option, but I have some questions: The tom holder that the kit came with, that fits in the top of the bass drum. Its a much large diameter than any of my other stands/equipment. Is this...
  19. iontheable

Similar to 2002?

Hey guys, I've been a big fan of the Paiste 2002 SoundEdge Hats, 15" specifically and I looking to see what Meinl has as a comparable line up. What do you all feel would be similar? I'm a big Meinl fan and I've never been let down by them. Thanks!
  20. iontheable

Mmmmmmm Mapex!

Soooo finally got my camera back and was able to take some quick shots before work this morning. I really do love the Chestnut Burst Finish, I've grown so fond of it in the few days I've owned the kit(unfortunately, with little play) I didn't have a lot of time tonight to tune(that'll come...