Search results

1. B

low hi-hat stands.

G'day, Does anyone know of any brand of hi-hat stands where you can lower the cymbals to be level (height wise) to your snare stand?, Might etc appear etc strange, unusual&weird, BUT if the cymbals (height) are set up high (or normal position) , I get both cramp&fatigue in my arm&wrist, If it's...
  2. B

Musicians "gigs"/jobs websites/apps.

G'day, & Hny to all me DW mates! :), Love&peace to all! :)Are/is there "muso's wanted"/gigs/jobs either apps or websites?. I.e. here in Melbourne we have a website called " Aus/Melband". Where band's/muso's place "available/wanted ads.As I'm seriously contemplating/thinking about a permanent...
  3. B

Hearing.

I have a problem hearing the music I'm playing along/practicing to for auditions over the drums.I constantly gotta stop to hear if I'm in time, playing the fills in the right spots&endings. I've just recently bought a pair of Shure SE215 but they're NOT loud enough even with volume turned way...
  4. B

Ludwig Australian importer.

Apparently according to a local Melbourne Australia Ludwig dealer, There's at time of writing not a local (Australian) Ludwig importer, Can anyone shed some light/assist&help with this?, I'll check there (Ludwig's) website.
  5. B

Ludwig American made hardware.

Can any Ludwig "expert" (someone who's a endorser or employee/distributor), Tell me what series I.e. NEW Atlas, Modular & 60s-80s Atlas&Hercules were either 100% made in USA?.
  6. B

4th of july/independence day.

To ALL me " yanky" DW mates happy 4th of july&independence day!!!!!, Hope "yáll" are having a beaut, bonza&grouse day!!!!!! :).
  7. B

Remo Controlled sound smooth white

Where's the best place to buy above?, Specifically looking for:13, 14, 18-24".
  8. B

Live music bars/clubs in North Bend WA/Seattle.

G'day to all my fellow DrummerWorld mates worldwide, especially those from North Bend WA &Seattle/Wahington. As i'm visiting your country for the very 1st time(&very 1st ever overseas trip) next month.Is there any famous live music bars, clubs either in North Bend, Seattle i could either walk to...
  9. B

Drummers who use a 24" ride but smaller drum sizes.

Is there any famous/well known drummers who use a 24" ride but DON'T use a 26" kick or 'Bonham" sizes?.As i used to subscribe to the attitude/opinion/view point that if you have&use 'Bonham" sized cymbals you HAVE TO &MUST also use "Bonham" sized drums!.Attempting&trying to find...
  10. B

Hand /practicing problems.

G'day to all my fellow drummer "mates" from around the world especially from here in Melbourne Australia! :).Happy halloween to me yanky mates! :).My problems are: 1 -physical i.e. my rh gets sore&tired even when using 7A sticks, i DONT both play fast or hard fastest tempo would be "Whipping...
  11. B

Jeff Porcaro's Bozz Scaggs setup.

Does anyone know Jeff Porcaro's setup(cymbals, drums, heads) he used with Boz Scaggs both live&in the studio?.
  12. B

19"length/long/Michael Lee drumsticks.

Who made(&still does make) both 19" L (length)/Michael Lee drumsticks?, So far ALL i can /could find is Regal Tip Alex Van Halen model at 17.75" L! :(.
  13. B

Ludwig Epic

What current/recent series Ludwig's replaced the Epic series?, &Did they(Ludwig) ever make a 10x14" mounted/rack tom &a 26" kick in this series?, What about a "Bonham" pack?.
  14. B

Ginger Bakers Ludwig sticks&kick drum muffling.

Does anyone know what model Ludwig sticks he used with Cream?, & what type&brand of drumhead will give me a sound similiar to that of using rolled up towels towards the resonant side ?.
  15. B

Jimi Hendrix.

I can't personally believe that some tosser/wanker has chose/decided to post a conspiracy theory about Jimi Hendrix's death here on a drumming forum! :(, I've heard there's also conspiracy theories surrounding Bon Scott (AC/DC'S 2nd original singer) death as well! :(.
  16. B

Drummers who don't play/use a ride cymbal.

Apart from Phill Rudd&Lars Ulrich what other known drummers DON'T play/use a ride cymbal?.
  17. B

Kick drum flight cases.

G'day& seasons greetings to ALL DWF members worldwide! :). What's the general consensus opinions views interms of WHO makes THE MOST durable&strongest kick drum cases?.I want something that a tank could run over it& it STILL would be intact NEVER EVER be able to be scractched dented or...
  18. B

Practising with a metronome.

I've ALLWAYS had problems with playing to &in&with various tempos during my drumming years.Even now as i'm learning NEW original material&having difficulties&trouble both keeping&playing along to&in time.NONE of my previous drum teachers mentioned nor made me practice along to&with one.SO for a...
  19. B

Recording advice/tips.

The rockabilly band i'm in "Cherry Divine" are going into a/the studio to lay down/record 2 song tracks for a compilation cd, As i'm a complete novice interms of NEVER EVER been in a studio enviroment WHAT should i expect?, & how should i best prepare for it?, I.e. new head on the snare batter...
  20. B

General overall "workhorse" kit choices.

G'day to all my fellow DF mates worldwide! :), What seems to be the general/overall consensus amongst drummer as to the "best" overall sizes/workhorse kit for playing blues/rock(60s-) covers?.I've got a 26" kick (Yamaha 7000 series) BUT it WONT fit into my car(a sedan Mazda '94 323 Protege')...