Search results

1. THC

Hi-Hat Placement

Finding the most comfortable and natural position for each piece on the kit has been a continuous journey for me since I picked backed up the sticks about a year an half ago. Little tweaks here and there to see if something might be a little more comfortable is one of the things I sometimes...
  2. THC

DW Pedal Replacement Parts

Where can I get replacement parts online for my DW3000 double pedal? I bought this pedal used a few months ago and I noticed that the primary pedal had the tiniest bit of a grinding noise. You could feel it in your foot more than hear it. Some investigation determined that the cause of the...
  3. THC

DW3000 Pedal Repair Parts

Where can I get replacement parts online for my DW3000 double pedal? I bought this pedal used a few months ago and I noticed that the primary pedal had the tiniest bit of a grinding noise. You could feel it in your foot more than hear it. Some investigation determined that the cause of the...
  4. THC

Drums are REALLY easy to play.

Would you agree with this statement by Mr. Copeland? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xh6wQqNzOk&feature=player_detailpage#t=74s ...because I'm about a year into this drumming journey and I don't think anything could be further from the truth.
  5. THC

Transcribing a drum tab

Does anybody have a good clear version of a blank music staff page for drums? or maybe a website you can easily create sheet music? I can find a bunch of different blank pages on the web, but I'd prefer to see what you guys use. I've decided, as one of my first full songs to learn, I want to...
  6. THC

What DrummerWorld has done to me

Over the ages I've heard countless stories of people that were blessed with the opportunity in life to meet their hero or idol, For some it was everything they dreamed it would be, and others were severely disappointed. This is a story of someone kind of stuck in the middle. :) Since I was a...
  7. THC

Book Recommendation

My daughter bribed me into taking her to Barnes and Noble this afternoon to spend some Christmas money by offering to buy me a book. Probably going to take her up on it because my mom gave her an insane amount of money for Christmas for a kid her age, so I'm getting something out of it. :) I...
  8. THC

Modifying a 3 legged high hat stand

I recently aquired a DW3000 double pedal for cheap off CL I will soon be on the lookout for a 2 legged high hat stand, because the three legged Mapex stand I have makes it a little tight down there for my big wide feet. Until I find a two legged stand, is it as easy converting a three...
  9. THC

Ebay seller stole my pic - What would you do?

A few months back I was cruising Ebay pricing a floor tom add on for my kit when I came across this Mapex ad for Drummer Superstore. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mapex-Meridian-Birch-Drum-set-SRO-Black-Forest-Green-MR5295-BD-/160674677000?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2568f50108 That's my kit...
  10. THC

Sabian AAX 14" crash

http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/2546810945.html Here in just a few I'll be heading over to this guys house to possibly pick up a new cymbal. I saw this AAX for $70. and it seems like a pretty good deal. Any thoughts on this cymbal? Good cymbal? Good deal? Thanks,
  11. THC

What cymbal makes this sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B-HlqD_2eE&feature=player_detailpage#t=159s This probably isn't the best example, but I hear this splash/effect cymbal all the time and have never been able to figure out what it is. I want one!! It's right at 2:46, and then a bigger hit at 2:54. I know you...
  12. THC

Achieving the dream

As far back as I can remember, two of my dreams in life were to ride motorcycles, and play the drums. As a kid, I couldn’t have either one. From my mid twenties up through my late 30’s I lived my motorcycle dream. I still have the bike in the garage, so I suppose I’m still living that dream...
  13. THC

Well, I'll be darned.....

I've been taking lessons now for several months, and I think I'm coming along pretty good. Most of my practice up till now has been patterns on the practice pad. But I always try to find time to play around and just kinda freestyle on the kit. Even if only for a few minutes at a time. As...
  14. THC

THC's Mapex Meridians

So this journey with my new Meridians started back on March 29th when I just couldn’t resist anymore and I pulled the trigger on this 5 piece Mapex kit + hardware. Basic Mapex Meridian Birch 5 piece kit. 10/12/14/22. No bells, no whistles, not even any cymbals. Over the last...
  15. THC

I need some mixing help with a song, please

Can anyone take a song file and cut it up and put it back together for me? Nothing extreme. Just taking a few parts out and piecing it together. I imagine it would be really simple with the right tools, but I don't have any. Here's the situation, every year we have a big company meeting at...
  16. THC

Moved kit...looking for advice on re-tuning

I purchased this Mapex a month or so ago and have a very slow music room build in progrees in my basement. But since I first got it, I've had it positioned basically like this: Back to the wall pointing out into the room. One thing I learned here at DW is that kits sound way different from...
  17. THC

Used Cymbal shopping - Just too many choices - Please help

I really need some help guys. I am currently shopping for what will be a full set of used cymbals on CL. I am just on decision overload. I am still a beginner, with a fairly tight budget, and am looking for decent mid-level cymbals. I don't know exactly how the various models all line up. I...
  18. THC

The first day of the rest of my life

For what seems like months I’ve been spending countless hours contemplating what acoustic kit I want to get. I had bought a used Pearl kit several months ago, but upon closer inspection, it was trashed. I sold it, bought a Roland TD-4 and started putting away for another acoustic kit. It was...
  19. THC

PDP Pacific opinions

What do you guys think of this kit? http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/2218656901.html I'm not too familiar with this particular brand. At face value this seems like a smokin' deal, and I have an appt in the morning to check it out. Is this an entry level kit? My initial plan was to save...
  20. THC

Laptop won't play Igoe's DVD's

Today I picked up Great Hands.... from the local drum shop, and just found that my laptop won't play it. This is discouraging because I was planning on running it through the laptop to a large monitor and speakers at my kit so I can "play along" with my pads. The dvd player and tv is...