Search results

1. S

Storing Drums in a garage?

Ironic this thread for bumped because I was reading multiple threads and Reddit posts about storing drums int he garage with heat, humidity, etc. I moved in to my own place after getting married last May (2018). Prior to moving in to my new place, I had my drums in a temperature controlled...
  2. S

Great Deal on Starclassic B/B

I know they're not B/Bs, that was the sarcasm in the post.
  3. S

Great Deal on Starclassic B/B

Enjoy! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tama-Starclassic-Performer-Bubinga-Birch/233324741037?epid=177562409&hash=item36533d01ad:g:nFAAAOSw2PhdSjtq
  4. S

Tama Starclassic Birch/Walnut Review

Do these things only come with toms mounted on the bass drum? No virgin bass drum options?
  5. S

Starclassic Bubinga

Yea, but will most likely be paying upwards of $7,000 for one, which is just nuts. Alto Music in NY had a gorgeous Jungle Burst one they sold this morning, which absolutely gutted me. Can't believe they'd drop the bubinga line. Heard it had something to do with CITES restrictions, but there...
  6. S

Starclassic Bubinga

Just called Cosmo. They don't ship outside of Canada, unfortunately.
  7. S

Is the Tama Iron Cobra pedal polarizing? Do you like it?

I think the adjustments Tama made on the newer models (i.e. rocking spring, fixed heel plate, etc.) are totally worth it. My Speed Cobras had issues with sway and play. Got the new Iron Cobras and those issues were fixed. It just depends on whether you prefer a round cam (Rolling Glide)...
  8. S

Starclassic Bubinga

Thank you for the reply. Any idea what finishes they have?
  9. S

Starclassic Bubinga

Welp, a Reverb listing for a gorgeous Starclassic Bubinga kit that I wanted just ended. Someone bought em and now I'm trying to look elsewhere for a set. I heard Tama is no longer producing Bubinga kits due to the CITES restrictions. Does anyone have any additional information or advice on...
  10. S

Is the Tama Iron Cobra pedal polarizing? Do you like it?

I might be a little late here: I own DW 5000 Delta II double pedals, Tama Speed Cobra (1st generation) double pedals, and now own Tama Iron Cobra Rolling Glide (current generation) double pedals. Simply put, although my Iron Cobras are a bit slower out of the box, I much prefer the short boards...
  11. S

Free Floating Snare Drum Questions

I own the same free floater but in 6.5”. The gasket is there to prevent vibration and unwanted noises associated with that contact. All pearl free floating shells come with a flat bottom to compensate for that gasket.
  12. S

DIXON Precision Coil Pedals

DIXON just released their Precision Coil pedals. They look gorgeous and have an interesting design. Anyone have any experience with DIXON drums or hardware? http://precisioncoil.playdixon.com/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZadrdbTmEl4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLipW_CjN-w
  13. S

Good dela or bad deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191077192429?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648 Opinions?
  14. S

Help me find my Hats!

Ok so, A few years back I got a good deal on some 13" HHX Groove Hats in brilliant. I got them on a whim after having never tried the groove hats. I liked them, but felt they weren't ass effective for the style of music I have been playing, which is Brazilian/Latin/Portuguese Axé music (Saul...
  15. S

How O.C.D. are you guys with your drums?

In terms of dents, scratches, etc.? I am always curious because I find myself bummed out every time my stick accidentally makes contact with the shell leaving a small dent or scratch. Figured there would be more OCD people out there considering the cost of some flagship kits nowadays. Thoughts?
  16. S

Found a small nick on bearing edge

On my bass drum on the batter side. It's a velvetone kit so the edges are very sharp. The nick is rather small, almost can't see it but you can feel it running your finger over it. Anybody know how much of an impact this would make on tuning the shell? Figure a large 22" bass drum and the nick...
  17. S

Not sure what this is on my tom...

Found this on my 12" tom yesterday. Right above the bottom lug. The line on the left-hand side is just where the ply meets. What I'm trippin about form the bottom lug half-way up the the top lug. Doesn't look like a crack, there is no visible damage to the ply in the interior or from the bearing...
  18. S

Help choosing heads

Hello all, So since I've purchased my kit, I have experimented with many different heads from Evans G2s and EC2 SSTs to Coated G2s and Suede Ambs (which came stock). The bearing edges on my kit are super sharp and are located on the furthest point from the shell. I believe this utilizes every...
  19. S

Quick Torque Cam & Speed Cobra

Hello all, I recently just purchased a speed cobra for an excellent deal that I could not refuse to replace my 5000s. I also heard about Eccentric Systems' "Quick Torque Cam", which is supposed to provide a more responsive and smooth feel to pedals. My question is that considering the Speed...
  20. S

Help me!

Hello all, I'm new here on these forums and if I've somehow posted in the wrong section, please let me know. I have been playing drums for about 12 years and I have had only one kit, my rockstar custom, for all those years. I've updates all my hardware, cymbals, and currently play on a 6.5 x 14...