Search results

1. bermuda

Thoughts on Ludwig b/o green sparkle jazzfest on eBay??

Yep and same email address. That’s why I said what I said. But it IS a lot of money for that. :)
  2. bermuda

Thoughts on Ludwig b/o green sparkle jazzfest on eBay??

It's nice enough, but an 8-lug snare from the '70s is not such a big deal. Also, $500 is an extremely optimistic starting bid. I'd be surprised if it sells.
  3. bermuda

PROPERTY FROM THE ESTATE OF WALTER BECKER (STEELY DAN)

Note also that winning bidders pay a 25% Buyer's Premium! But on amounts over $200,000, it's only 20% :) So if that Brady snare goes for $1,000, it will actually cost $1,250. There's also sales tax (not sure if that's on top of the 25%...) But that's how Julien's works, it was the same with...
  4. bermuda

Ludwig factory Contact Assistance.

There are a number of persons in the company that value the vintage aspect of the brand, but the factory isn't really set up for refurbishing. They create shells from scratch, wrap/edge/drill them, and attach hardware & heads. There are a couple of employees with the vintage bug who do outside...
  5. bermuda

Ludwig factory Contact Assistance.

I haven't known the company to work on their vintage gear. There are several great builders who do excellent work on old drums, and Jack Lawton is probably the most respected in terms of the Ludwig brand. http://www.lawtondrum.com/
  6. bermuda

Automatic Drum Tuner

There's also a this device that does the same thing:
  7. bermuda

Automatic Drum Tuner

Wrong forum, please visit duplicate thread https://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php?threads/automatic-drum-tuner.167600/ for further comments
  8. bermuda

Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

Basically, everyone involved: the studio, the engineer, producer (Rick,) and the band and other musicians (and I suspect the occasional bkg singers.) Everyone did eventually get paid, and the album eventually went Gold (20 years later!) Happily, future albums went Gold and Platinum much faster...
  9. bermuda

Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz in Stranger Things 3

Answered in other thread at https://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php?threads/jon-bermuda-schwartz-here.12628/
  10. bermuda

Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

Probably much more than anyone wants to read here! Will save the details for my book. But in a nutshell, the first album was recorded on spec(ulation) at the famous Cherokee studios in L.A., March 14, 1982. Yes, all tracks in one day. Rick Derringer* was producer and as we didn't have a guitar...
  11. bermuda

Does Thin = Washy?

In a larger cymbal, thinner is usually washier. TOO thin is just wispy. Ping and 'stick' are kinda the same thing, sounds like you want something in-between, which enters into complex territory. Also, overtones may be considered 'wash'. It depends on the cymbal, and your interpretation of what...
  12. bermuda

Hardest “simple” things to play on drums

Especially slow shuffles!
  13. bermuda

Ordered a used snare from Guitar Center.

The problem with used gear at GC is that very often the person at the store buying it doesn't always know what's what. There's no person of authority who checks/verifies used gear on even a regional level, and the stores suffer by not getting what they think they're getting, and not being able...
  14. bermuda

Ludwig Neusonic issue

It's hard to beat a 1-ply head! 😯
  15. bermuda

NeuSonic vs. Signet

Agreed that the Signets and Neusonics are different, both sound great, although I prefer the sound of the Neusonics. The shells are different woods & plies with different edges, and the lugs on the Neusonics are heavier and bolted more solidly to the shell, which adds to the resonance - the toms...
  16. bermuda

Craigslist deal. It pays to set up alerts!

Excellent! The Supralites are pretty great snares, best bang for the buck!
  17. bermuda

Wireless IEM systems...what are folks using these days

Shure pack with JH Audio ears. For those unfamiliar, Jerry Harvey started Ultimate Ears, and I believe invented the molded in-ear monitor (for Alex Van Halen maybe? Don't quote me...) Bermuda
  18. bermuda

Ludwig Neusonic issue

You may have a bad Emperor. Those (and Pinstripes) are notorious for the 2 plies not laying very flat and preventing good tuning. Try another Emperor, or better yet, a 1-ply to really get the drum to sing. If you really want a 2-ply, try the Evans EC2. VERY consistent quality, and sounds...
  19. bermuda

12" snare volume is enough?

Achieving acoustic volume is really more about how something cuts through the mix sonically, not the actual decibel levels. A 12" snare should have enough attack to accomplish that nicely. But I have to agree that 30 plies isn't necessary. A 'normal' wood shell of 3-8 plies - and not more than...
  20. bermuda

Formula for how many snare drums you need

I pretty much use the same five snares 99% of the time. All Ludwig: early '60s 6.5x14 COB, 1980 6.5x14 Supra, 6.5x14 Copperphonic, 8x14 Black Beauty, and on tour a 6.5x14 Black Beauty. Bermuda