Search results

1. A

Never posted me playing before, so here goes!

Disclaimers are never needed for good playing.
  2. A

Sarah Jarosz drum cover

Thanks! In retrospect, agreed on the floor tom hits (y)
  3. A

I Run to You

Awesome song choice! This is one of my favorite tunes to jam to as well. It's got a great driving feel that is just so fun. Your drums here are super tight, nice playing!
  4. A

Sarah Jarosz drum cover

Hey all, I recently discovered this song (and album) by Sarah Jarosz, one of those situations when a song completely inspires you yet doesn't already have drums set to it. I've been enjoying finding tracks like this as project tracks for getting better at recording. This track definitely taught...
  5. A

Circular Paths

I like this (y)
  6. A

New drum "cover"

I've been obsessed with the album "Undercurrent" by Sarah Jarosz. The whole thing is without drums or percussion, yet lends itself well to percussion instruments. This is the song "Back of my mind"with drums added to it. I highly recommend checking out and buying the album. The whole thing is...
  7. A

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

Those sound rad, thanks! Surprisingly good when mic'd from a distance with that Beta.
  8. A

One stick to rule them all !

I haven't paid too much attention to whether the stick improves my technique. I guess I'm not necessarily at a place in my drumming where I focus on technique and rudiment stuff too much. I tend to focus more on sound and feel, yet somehow stick sound never was too big of a thing for me until...
  9. A

Groove oriented players you like?

Personally, it does not get much better than watching J.J. Johnson playing with John Mayer. I could watch that all day.
  10. A

Best mid-range kit?

Depending on what sizes you want, and whether your going to be just gigging like mad or keeping it at home. I'd grab these and never look back. That price AND free shipping? Come on. Used George Way Gold Top 12/14/20
  11. A

Here are a few shots of my George Way 2-ply acacia's (the "Carter McLean" set up).
  12. A

Man, those things are pretty. Any sound samples??
  13. A

Do your neighbors complain?

(When it comes to living in residential areas), I think the big thing is to just know your neighbors and be a good neighbor. Like Mongrel said, people run chainsaws, leafblowers, and lawnmowers pretty regardless of the time. I try not to play drums too early in the morning or too late at night...
  14. A

Sharp Edges on Zildjian Hi-Hats

I knew a guy who cut a nipple off with a pair of marching cymbals whilst practicing bare-chested. Cymbals can be real sharp!
  15. A

Fruit bats cover, Ocean

Thanks! Yeah, I like Carter. I guess I don't think of myself as a "fan", but if Carter posted more of himself doing Carter stuff but to music (the same way Dan Bailey does Dan stuff), I would definitely call myself a fan. Also, He shoulda never switched to Ludwig, I'll put that out there.
  16. A

Fruit bats cover, Ocean

Hey all, Drumming has taken a bit of a backseat to fishing and moving this summer, but I've finally had a bit of time to sit down and really play, and also to work on a little project to get more familiar with Reaper. I stumbled across this song the other day and as I was playing along...
  17. A

EV 635a mic

Anyone have any experience using these mics for drums?
  18. A

New G. Ways

Hey guys. I've rejoined after not really being on here for about ten years, though I was never terribly active back then anyway (under the name Ytsejammer). I've recently re-acquired the luxury of having a living space that allows me to play acoustic drums more-or-less whenever I want, and this...