Search results

1. T

Mapex Armory Snare

It is about heads, tuning, muffling if needed, snare wires, those f-ing plastic straps, the room you are in, where the drum is in the room, sticks, touch etc. sorry but a new properly functioning and with a round shell and snare beds worth a shit you should have no problem getting a sound out...
  2. T

Toms mounted on Bass drum or cymbal stand

On bass drum. The less stands the better
  3. T

Gretsch USA Custom Vs. Renown

Shit, I didn’t notice that the customs didn’t have die casts. That throws a wrench into it now. Sorry, I’m totally bowing out of this thread lol, I have no more useful information lol.
  4. T

Your Favorite Art Blakey Solo

Dare I say I would rather listen to Art than Buddy solo
  5. T

Touché!
  6. T

Customs ftw. That’s a good deal on them.
  7. T

Which LM402?

Well if you run them loose they do ok but they really choke up when tight. There’s a very small window of tension where the drum will go from choked to open with the plastic straps. The strings and fabric straps for that matter will give you a bigger window of openness if you will.
  8. T

USA custom all the way at that price difference if the condition of the customs is similar. Renowns are good drums but the customs are the real deal top of the heap lifetime drums. Once you own a kit of customs one usually will only give it up for another.
  9. T

Which LM402?

I have always had problems having supras open up easily regarding the snares. I think the way they sound stock has a lot to be desired. I rally on in posts about the damn plastic straps but it is a big reason it sounds so dead .
  10. T

Which LM402?

Throw a set of 42s with strings on.
  11. T

Round Over Bearing Edges

Also depends on the diameter of the shells. Sonor is undersized and I believe the old 50-60s gretsch you have to hammer the new heads on they are so big.
  12. T

15" Hi Hats Shootout - 10 Hats, 5 Manufacturers

I agree 100%. Love new beats, but not in the 15 here. Like the sweets k 15.
  13. T

Input on my new Yamaha DFP9C

Hm, very disappointing from Yamaha. I hope they take care of you guys.
  14. T

NeuSonic vs. Signet

Love the signet but I would go for the neusonics
  15. T

That notorious Ludwig Acrolite throw off let me down last night

Yeah Ludwig should be ashamed of keeping that piece of shit on drums past the 80’s. I guess they have finally redesigned it a year or so ago. The p86 looks great and functions ok but again they put Phillips head tiny screws on that just strip out if you don’t tighten and loosen like a surgeon...
  16. T

Is the Mapex Mars series a good set?

Jump on it, 299 is a steal
  17. T

Is the Mapex Mars series a good set?

What was so bad about them? I have seen them set up but never played them. They looked plenty robust as far as hardware goes. Finish is subjective. Love the sonic clear edges
  18. T

Would you? Potential trade

Great deal. Those Tama mij scb are really holding their value. Cool set love the liquid metal finish. You could get 900 out of them
  19. T

Ludwig classic maple 80's

The one set of the over 20 I have bought and sold I would kill to have back. Piano black lacquer, 2-24x18, 8-18” and the 6.5 with the 12 lug super die cast rims. Super classics. Monsterous That being said I would not pay more than 700 for the set you are looking at.