Search results

1. 556Cliff

My favorite sticks

My current favorite is the Vic Firth Stanton Moore Signature sticks. > http://vicfirth.com/products/drum-sticks/signature-sticks/stanton-moore/ Before that I liked the Promark Carl Allen Signature sticks. I really loved how they were in 2007/2008, but then they went and made some changes to...
  2. 556Cliff

Is it dumb of me to buy Constantinople?

Thanks! I'm in complete agreement with what you said, and I also like that this video shows how well these big rides work as crashes... The K Cons don't have a bright crash by any means, but like you said, it does blend very well with this kind of music. You'll notice that J.J. crashes on the 24...
  3. 556Cliff

Is it dumb of me to buy Constantinople?

I know where you can hear a whole set of Zildjian Constantinople cymbals being played. Sizes from left to right: 18" K Constantinople Crash on top of an 18" A Rock Crash for hats, 22" K Constantinople Med Thin Low/or High Ride, 24" K Light Ride and a 22" K Constantinople Med Thin Low Ride...
  4. 556Cliff

Help me choose my next ride cymbal

Other than the nice sizzle that the rivets added, the cymbal still sounds the same around the bell. Also, adding the rivets kind of prevents a full volume cymbal swell when using mallets. I was fine with that though because I really just needed that cymbal to sizzle, there are just to many...
  5. 556Cliff

Help me choose my next ride cymbal

I have two 22" K Con medium thin low cymbals... My first one has a pretty dead sounding bell, so much so that I asked Zildjian CS to check it out when I sent it to them to have four rivets installed, but they said it was normal. However, the bell on the second one I got about a year or so later...
  6. 556Cliff

18 inch HH praise

I don't know about those stands, but my DW9000 hi-hat stand with three legs has no problems with the big hats.
  7. 556Cliff

18 inch HH praise

I really want to try some 17" hats like what Steve Jordan uses, though my 18" hats have been pretty nice, and once you get used to them they don't seem to out of place with their size... Especially when all of the other cymbals that surround them are no smaller than 22" inches. ;)
  8. 556Cliff

18 inch HH praise

That's what I thought too and now I'm disappointed... I love 18" inch hi-hats.