Search results

1. electrodrummer

Best starter E-Kit for working with a DAW that has the closest feel to drums.

OK - come back when you've got some savings if you need any more help. It'll depend on what, empirically, you wanna spend. So, tell us then on your return and I/we can give specific UK suggestions. See ya later.
  2. electrodrummer

Hence my kit recommendations above. Now it's all down to the OP to action :) We've done our bit!
  3. electrodrummer

Indeed, but the OP said "I really want something I can work with my DAW on the computer." DAWs aren't software synths. They can "host" a software synth (like a VST), but DAWs do not make not sounds natively - they record stuff and play it back. Conversely, it's possible to run a software...
  4. electrodrummer

Anything will work with your DAW. A DAW is just recording software and will record what you send it from anything, This is how been doing it for decades: 1. Module --> MIDI --> DAW/Sequencer/whatever the cool kids are calling it these days. I use Cakewalk. 2. Split MIDI to individual...
  5. electrodrummer

Alesis Strike Pro with TD17-Need help

TD17? No MIDI IN and a horrible proprietary cable snake. Not a good fit.
  6. electrodrummer

This is totally subjective - and down to you - and only you to play some things and decide what "closest" to you. "the closest feel to drums? " If you mean closest feel to mylar, then mylar! [subjective opinion] Next "closest" is Yamaha's silicone (mentioned above, the DTXxxx range)...
  7. electrodrummer

Best & cheap electric drum kit for midi sequences

"Best"...."Cheap" :) OK - before starting to make specific recommendations (bet the Roland cult will, though ;) ).... 1) what's your empirical budget? 2) location on the planet? 3) what modules have you tried 4) what pads have you played?
  8. electrodrummer

Building an Electric Kit - Trigger Positions + Module Compatability

Piezos? Work with pretty much anything - subject to module level tweaking. Cymbals? same thing. Attach anywhere - in a box if you like (check Stealth Drums for example). Can even attach to the stand (see MagnaTriggers) Hat - if you wanna have it moving (don't see why!) then look at GoEdrum...
  9. electrodrummer

How do you keep your pedals from moving on concrete/tile?

IKEA £12 rug. That's what we're all using this side of the pond. ;)
  10. electrodrummer

Upgrading

1. Mesh pads aren't necessarily an "upgrade". Bouncy. With hotspots. (mine are currently on my wardrobe). Drummers have been practising on rubber kits for decades - AND - all rubber compounds are different - even pads from the same manufacturer. Don't get blinded by mesh. Rubber is good ...
  11. electrodrummer

Question on the TM-2

Yes. Read the manual https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/TM-2_eng04_W.pdf Make sure you have no kit effects on, like reverb, else you'll get bleed.
  12. electrodrummer

Old Yamaha DTXplorer giving up the ghost...

On a budget? Get another DTX module - then it's play and play. Swap out any pads as you need to - in the UK TP65 pads are £15 / $20. Dodgy cable? - swap for a couple of quid / dollars. The Yamaha has shown its build quality over the years - it's probably been beaten to death for over 15...
  13. electrodrummer

Recommendation for a drum machine

so (a) what you tried (b) why wasn't it nice and (c) what computer?
  14. electrodrummer

Recommendation for a drum machine

Want a physical machine or happy to use software on a computery thing?
  15. electrodrummer

Trick SB1 Triggers

Seem very expensive, in comparison to, say, a Triggera Bix .... .... a lot of "stuff" as well.
  16. electrodrummer

Stupid Deal of the Day

That's a better full link....
  17. electrodrummer

Stupid Deal of the Day

Links to 43 pages of stuff... :(
  18. electrodrummer

Roland TD17 with ATV EXS-5 set

Just get an old Yamaha ;) Volume up.
  19. electrodrummer

Roland TD17 with ATV EXS-5 set

Hello! What do you mean, specifically?