Search results

1. EhhSoCheap

Round Over Bearing Edges

I found out about this guy on Instagram recently. Seems like having his service on your kit would be a nice “upgrade” as opposed to shopping around for another set. https://instagram.com/kirschdrumsportland?igshid=q3ikhgt25mv
  2. EhhSoCheap

Ordered a used snare from Guitar Center.

I remember a thread where one of our community was nice enough to check on a kit at their local GC for another user. I bet there’s nearly enough of us to cover most GC’s in the US, but I could be wrong. If anyone sees something in the Memphis/Bartlett GC, I’ll drop by and take better pics for you!
  3. EhhSoCheap

HELP ME RE-DESIGN THE IDEA OF A DRUMSET

I assumed I’d be breaking a rule by linking to personal information, even if he’s disclosed enough of it already. All this made me realize how valuable this community can be with the sum of drumming knowledge/experience. There’s a lesson here for Mav, though he may never get it.
  4. EhhSoCheap

Our resident scientist, giving up so easily?!?! His username is his name.
  5. EhhSoCheap

A simple google search will show you that Mr. Maverick actually follows through on design ideas. He seems talented, too. Surveys are tough to get right, and while this one seems to be lacking, we don’t know exactly what information he’s trying to get, and he said there will be more surveys as...
  6. EhhSoCheap

TAMA Restoration Video

Restoring an Imperialstar I really enjoy this kind of content. He makes the job look like a lot of fun!
  7. EhhSoCheap

Big fat snare drum - what's rebound like?

You mean you’re not allowed to remove it? Aren’t they easy to put on/take off?
  8. EhhSoCheap

Why don't many Pro Drummers use Electric Drums?

Staying true to my brand of being incapable of having original thoughts on a topic, here are Bill Bruford’s reasons for playing and eventually giving up electronic drums. This comes from hiswebsite’s FAQ, which is worth a read. Why did you play electronic drums? Why did you give up playing...
  9. EhhSoCheap

What Size Cymbal Do I Need?

I met a commenter from an musician's forum, Who said—“Two vast and pretentious chunks of text Stand in the internet. . . . Near them, on a webpage, Half sunk a shattered avatar lies, whose frown, And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command, Tell that its user well those passions read Which yet...
  10. EhhSoCheap

Jack DeJohnette cymbals

If you’re looking to put some up, Memphis Drum Shop has a decent amount: https://memphisdrumshop.com/search/+dejohnette
  11. EhhSoCheap

What badge is this

I’m certain those are Rockstars. Like symbolic death, I’m no expert, but the drums in your picture are similar to those found in 80s Tama catalogs: http://www.drumarchive.com/Tama/
  12. EhhSoCheap

Spin-off of the cheap jazz cymbal thread

Over time, I've gotten somewhat savvy with search terms and setting alerts for eBay, Reverb, etc. For instance, I had been waiting for a Sabian AA Raw Ride to pop up for < $150 for a good while, and within minutes of one being listed on eBay I purchased it because of an email alert I'd set up...
  13. EhhSoCheap

Need advice for cheap jazz cymbals set

From a member of our community, Todd Bishop.
  14. EhhSoCheap

Mini bop kit

Yamaha Hip Gig kits may be an option. They’re expensive, so I assume they’re quality, but have also been discontinued for some time. Someone with more knowledge on them should chime in.
  15. EhhSoCheap

One stick to rule them all !

What brand are you using? I believe Vic Firth has some 7A models that are around 15.5” or shorter; definitely too short. The Steve Jordan and Questlove models are both lengthy, though. Personally, anything less than 16” feels awkward, and I prefer thin sticks.
  16. EhhSoCheap

Any idea what this cymbal is pls?

I believe that’s the Richie Garcia Salsero ride
  17. EhhSoCheap

Sharp Edges on Zildjian Hi-Hats

Sadly, I never thought much about tilt direction. Do most tilt the bottom cymbal so that there’s an “overbite” as opposed to an “underbite”?
  18. EhhSoCheap

Advice on traditional grip

Kudos to those of us who suffer from dystonia and have persevered in their playing. I've been deterred/discouraged in my own playing from far less. I don't have much advice to offer, as others' input seems much more informed than anything I could say, but I offer my encouragement. In my journey...
  19. EhhSoCheap

Sabian AAX Dry ride 20"

I think it’s similar to the K Custom Dry Ride, though it seems a bit lighter. If the deal you found is < $150, my guess is that’s a reflection of that cymbal’s market. I’ve been stuck with my K Custom Dry for a while — I detest it, and I can’t seem to sell it for the $160 or so I paid. In my...
  20. EhhSoCheap

Zildjian Avedis New Beat 14" Hi-Hat Cymbals--Advice required

New Beats have been around since the 60s. The Avedis line came out around 2016. If you Google some combination of “Zenstat” and New beats, you find resources on how to date New Beats as well as the ranges of the cymbal weights over the years.