Search results

1. Weave2112

Toms mounted on Bass drum or cymbal stand

Personally, I can’t notice any sound difference in toms mounted on cymbal stands vs bass drum. I usually run my toms off a cymbal stand, just because I feel it gives me the most versatility in terms of positioning. Your mileage may vary.
  2. Weave2112

Formula for how many snare drums you need

I have 8 and use them all. Any one of them could be the only snare I’d ever need. Each one can do it all. But....I just....NEED....more. Just ONE more. Always just ONE more.
  3. Weave2112

I just need to get this off my chest.

Wow. That is just serious disrespect, whether it's a house kit or not! Unfortunately, we live in a "throw away" society, and that's just the attitude some people have, even when it comes to instruments. It boggles my mind. Sorry this happened to you, and I feel your frustration. I gig my drums...
  4. Weave2112

Paiste PST5 (Rock) reviews?

Well, you can't go wrong with these cymbals, IMO. They are a "budget" line, but make no mistake, these are really fine cymbals and should last you quite a while. You can easily mix and match these with Paiste's other lines. The sound edge hats are a plus, IMO. Enjoy them!
  5. Weave2112

Best Ride Cymbal?

I have a 22" Paiste Reflector Bell Ride (Nick McBrain Sig Model). It is a fantastic rock ride, very musical and can be cutting if that's the way you want to play it. But, it is surprisingly versatile. If you play it softly or dynamically, it won't get away from you. You can play it in a variety...
  6. Weave2112

Do beginners really need pro drum kits???

I worked my way up from a toy kit, to a MIJ stencil kit, and then when I was in high school my father and I spent an entire summer shopping for the perfect Pearl Export set in piano black. I sold my MIJ kit, mowed lawns, did odd jobs and save my money. Each week I would give whatever I made to...
  7. Weave2112

What are your drumming (or musical) mottos in life..?

Always listen and play with dynamics. (I can’t solo, so that’s all I’ve got).
  8. Weave2112

Peter Frampton Tour 2019

Going to see him in Sept. 2nd. Really looking forward to it!
  9. Weave2112

Drum Solo-Intro

Wow, great playing!
  10. Weave2112

What's your latest purchase?

The PST 7s are great cymbals, especially the hats. they will serve you well. I recently purchased a 22" Paiste Masters Swish and a 22" Reflector Bell Ride.
  11. Weave2112

Nicko mcbrain

I just saw Nicko with Iron Maiden a couple of weeks ago in Hartford, CT. They were unbelievably great, and the venue was packed to the gills. I am a big fan of Nicko's drumming and his bright, positive personality. I recently acquired a Paiste 22" Reflector Bell "Powerslave" Ride, and it is one...
  12. Weave2112

How many rides and hi hat pairs do you have?

I currently have 3 sets of hats: 15" Amedia Dervish - these are very dry and not too loud. They sound fantastic outside or in larger rooms, but a little too thin in small settings. 14" Paiste 2002 SE - beautiful, classic, bright hats. 14" Paiste Traditional Medium Light - easily my favorite...
  13. Weave2112

INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hello, everyone - thanks for adding me to the forum! Real name? Mark Weaver Age? 50 How long have you been playing? Had my first drum lesson at 8 or 9 years old and have never looked back. Origin of user name? "Weave" is what many people call me, and "2112" is because - you guessed it - I'm a...