Search results

1. E

Forearm Injury From Drumming

Basically inside right elbow only. Periodically I will feel something on the outside but seldom - always right elbow. I was trying to think if I had some other trauma but really nothing. The only explanation sadly is drumming. The chiro said it is similar to carpletunnel. I'm not ready for...
  2. E

Cortisone was one of the options mentioned by my doctor. I have not done so yet but probably should seriously consider.
  3. E

I have the exact same problem. I spoke to a couple medical people (doctor and chiropractor) - both said it was Medial Epicondylitis better known as Golfer's Elbow. They gave me some exercises to help alleviate. It's been about two months and to be honest I really don't see any difference...
  4. E

Practice on ekit and gig on acoustic kit.

and, under the circumstances, the alternative is?
  5. E

What is "The Off Topic Lounge" for?

Now that's On Topic. . .
  6. E

New Forum at a standstill?????

Exactly - agree wholeheartedly!!!
  7. E

Consequences of Drum Workshop’s takeover?

It’s been almost a year now since we/I first heard about DW buying out Fender’s percussion brands, Gretsch in particular. Has anyone noticed any distinct changes either way – good or bad; maybe not only for DW or Gretsch but what about some of the other companies – Sabian, Gibraltar, KAT, etc.?
  8. E

Tama Cobra Coil

Does anyone know if a Tama Cobra Coil (#CC900S) will fit on a Tama Iron Cobra 200 (HP200PTW) pedal? Literature states they fit “any” Iron Cobra but I have read one place where it may require some modification. If it works without a hitch, I’ll pop for the 20 bucks (pretty cheap), but I really...
  9. E

Hi hat - rotating legs?

This may sound a bit stupid but could someone explain hi hat “rotating legs”? I am considering adding a VH-11 hi-hat to my eDrum kit. However, I am very tight on space.
  10. E

Oh that iPad

Maybe this is has been here before but…. A man and his iPad -- I don’t think my fingers could even move like this. http://digg.com/video/ipad-drum-solo?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email
  11. E

Website Issue

This probably doesn’t belong in this discussion group but I’m having a problem - my back button in Internet Explorer 11 does not take me back one page. I’m only having this issue with this website – others forum are working fine. Any suggestions? Thanks…. SKK
  12. E

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2- Noisy?

I have question on the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface. Presumably, it greatly reduces latency which is exactly what I’m looking for. However, I’ve read there are other concerns with the unit, namely clicking, crackling, and other noise issues. Are any of you experiencing any of this? My...
  13. E

Kat KA1 Amp

Has anyone had any experience with the new Kat amps? I'm looking for something small for home use only. I'm considering either the Kat KA1 or Simmons DA50. I read the review in digitalDrummer a while back. They seemed to like the Kat amps but they liked Simmons too. I'm leaning toward the...