Search results

1. T

Minneapolis St Paul drum shop

After the community helped me to find excellent drum shops in Tokyo, what about the twin cities? Any recommendations? I'd like to see a nice cymbal and snare drum selection. Thanks in advance!
  2. T

Tama Starphonic Limited Edition "Meinl"

Hello Anyone of you who had the chance to play the 2 limited edition Tama Starphonic Snares for Meinl's 60th anniversary? How does the cymbal bronze snare compare to the other metal drums from the same series? And how close is the wooden one to the regular maple Starphonic? Thanks in advance!
  3. T

Yamaha Live Custom Hybrid vs. Tama Starclassic Walnut/Birch

Let me start by saying that I like both of these shells a lot, from the tone to their looks. As I can't really decide between these two kits, I'm hoping for some "objective" reasons/opinions two purchase one or the other (also, I can't afford this kind of investment right now, I have some time...
  4. T

Tokyo drum shops

Hello guys, hope you can help me here! I'm in Tokyo in a couple weeks and since a lot of Japanese companies produce great drums I want to visit a few drum shops over there, preferably with a nice selection of snares. Any recommendation?
  5. T

Heads for Pearl Vision

Hi guys, hope you can help me here. I just bought a Pearl Vision that stood in a basement for a couple years, because a teenager gave up drumming after a few months. I guess it is about 10 years old and still has the stock heads (Pearl Protone, basically untouched. 2 ply, maybe even hydraulics...
  6. T

Direct Link Double Bass Pedal - but which one?

Hello Coming from a Tama Iron Cobra Power Glide, I'm searching for a DL Double Bass Pedal that must be available as a lefty version! I know that there is the Pearl P-3002DL, but that's about it, at least when it comes half way reasonably prized options. Note that I'm located in Germany, but...
  7. T

Paiste Cymbal Cleaner gone?

Hey folks Over here in Europe (Germany, to be precise) there is no way of getting Paiste Cymbal Cleaner, no drum shop, no Amazon, no nothing. Is it the same anywhere else? Any idea why?