Search results

1. S

Good and affordable mic for Android phone to record drums?

So I finally got a drum kit in my room (ecstatic about it), and I would like to start recording some grooves with my phone so I can upload them to Insta and build a portfolio. My cellphone's mic is quite shitty, and I would like to purchase one that can be used to plug it into my phone or...
  2. S

How to play the hi-hat correctly?

We have been playing at slow tempos, mainly rock. Thanks for the input!
  3. S

How to play the hi-hat correctly?

Hello! I've been playing for a few years and I'm finally starting to give lessons. I need some input on how to play the hi-hats correctly. My student is a complete beginner and I absolutely want him to have good fundamentals, I don't want him injured or with pain, so I have been researching a...
  4. S

Suggestions for a drum rug on a budget

Hi! I am in the need of a drum rug/carpet in order to avoid my gear moving. I am building my practice kit in the cheapest way possible, any sophisticated or specialized equipment is a hard no. I just need something that does the job, can be small. For example, would a yoga mat cut it? What do...
  5. S

Beginner Drummer

I usually warm up with a slow technique/exercise that focus on something I want to get better at. It is a good combo because you learn things better at slow tempos. For example: --Going up and down the kit in increasing speed. Sometimes I switch hands with a paradiddle --Bass and hand...
  6. S

One or two air toms? Are air toms difficult to buy separately?

I really appreciate your link. I will look into it! With my budget, I do have more space to see what I can get in my hands. This set is what caught my attention on the Facebook Market place https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/832004404223235/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment If you are...
  7. S

Thanks, I really value this advice because I rarely have the opportunity to compare how they sound and work together. I will look into 13" and 12" toms
  8. S

It always cheers me up a lot when I hear nice things about my city. It is indeed amazing, very vibrant, lots of people, places, and music. The government actually changed the name, we are not D.F. anymore, but CDMX :) About the Bazar Músico Cultural, are you talking about El Chopo? It should...
  9. S

Talking about the setup sizes of the toms, is there a smart way of choosing them? or is it all personal preference?
  10. S

Mexico City, it is a great place because there is a lot of business and connections :)
  11. S

Wow this is a harsh truth. I will look into your recommendations. Why did you dislike your Catalina?
  12. S

Thank you for this, they have a lot of affordable gear. I will search through.
  13. S

Not exactly true. I played in my father's kit but I can't anymore because he is reopening his studio. I just don't have any of my own.
  14. S

Maybe I should be offended but I am having a blast with all the puns my mistakes triggered. It would be lovely that Seawater had the best shells indeed hahaha
  15. S

I would love to link not only that Catalina Rock but also my other options so far. Maybe you can help me decide. They are all 3 piece shell packs. PDP Maple Rock in Satin Black (love the finish)...
  16. S

I keep hearing from Yamaha and I will have to seriously consider them now. Again, I have had true fun with a Stage Costum, didn't know they were even better than a Catalina because it's the only kit I have played. I will also look into renown, thanks!
  17. S

I am from México! Tacos and the whole deal, love it. But yes, it gets pretty expensive. The only issue is that retailers here tend to lack variety, but maybe I am not looking correctly so don't take my word for that. I am looking into Sweetwater because they have a huge catalog and right now...
  18. S

Also thank you! English is not my native language, but Spanish, so I had no idea about the terminology. Your clarification is very useful. And I want to buy a Catalina Maple Rock. I don't think they are particularly new but they are still being produced. I will take your advice into account so...
  19. S

Thank you! May you know a retailer that does this? I am pretty new about dealing with hardware and I am also not from the US so I have no idea, aside from Seawater.
  20. S

Hi! I am buying my first kit and I need some advice. I am attracted to 3 piece shells packs, aka one air tom because the bass drum can remain without the clamp. To me it both looks nice and probably sounds better. I am however a rock drummer and I want to have the possibility of also playing...