Search results

1. toddy

Favourite music documentaries?

I have not, but that motown thing sounds very fun. Also what a treat to see an esteemed user like caddywumpus!
  2. toddy

UK Drum Show anyone?

Stereo C414 set
  3. toddy

Classic Albums You Only Just Noticed

No problem. Normally I constantly pour fuel onto my conflagrating nihilism. Unfortunately old Ra Ra Rasputin has rather gone off the deep end lately, who can even afford a loaf of bread nevermind petrol in the current climate?! Bet the house on soaring wheat prices lads 📈 Deftones - Around the...
  4. toddy

An absolute classic that I heard about many moons ago but didn't get round to watching yet, shall fix that after church, cheers!
  5. toddy

Who's your favorite drummer?

I have so many favourite drummers, but if I could only pick one drummer to watch drum cam footage of and listen to their playing it would have to be Danny Carey. I wasn't alive when John Bonham was but the way I feel is that Danny is the modern equivalent of him. If only we got to hear what the...
  6. toddy

Apologies if this is the wrong subforum, feel free to move it to the correct one. I was just wondering what everyone's favourite music related documentaries are? I'm heavily into emo hip hop so I've been watching the juice wrld & lil peep docs and am waiting for the new XXX tentacion one too...
  7. toddy

Classic Albums You Only Just Noticed

I'm sure there are tons of albums I haven't appreciated fully yet, but my main issue seems to be correctly judging the ones I have listened to countless times. It's only just dawned on me and that albums such as: ATDI - relationship of command Despised Icon - ills of modern man The...
  8. toddy

Suggestions for drummerworld

Oh don't get me wrong I've made a few posts there. The issue I have with reddit is that unlike here there is no "reputation" and people just make new accounts constantly. The population is way more transient. There's still people posting here who were posting when I first joined nearly 15 years...
  9. toddy

Making money as a drummer - getting better or worse?

Absolute agree! I am a proper pauper, the only things I pay for are essential bills, my weekly food shop and drum sticks/drum stuff. I'm also lucky in that I don't have dependants/other people depending on me. If I did my finances would be destroyed!
  10. toddy

I think in terms of being in an original band it would certainly be better to do it the way you've done it and have a day job. I don't really wish to play in a band, I specifically taught myself production over the years because I dislike having to rely on people.
  11. toddy

So what happened to electronic drums

Absolutely correct. That is the one thing that was always a little lacking, the cymbals. I have a dual zone ride but the triggering isn't the best. An e kit with normal cymbals is pretty good though.
  12. toddy

Yo what pedals are you guys rocking?

Trick Pro 1v, axis longboards, pearl eliminators. All doubles, but I can't really be bothered to play double kick anymore so I usually just use the trick or axis master pedal as a single.
  13. toddy

That's actually a decent chunk of change. Is it a 3 or 4 piece? I was thinking of doing a trio with my guitarist mate and a good bassist, because there are lots of weddings here (very popular place even for people from up north to get married), and also various events such as sailing regattas...
  14. toddy

UK Drum Show anyone?

Would love to but I'm on the Isle of Wight and the travel cost alone would be money I could put towards more mics. Looks fun though!
  15. toddy

Yep.. Very similar situation to me. I live in the UK but not near a city, I live on a small island off the south coast, which is filled with 60+ year olds. We have lots of pub bands playing every weekend, but they really dont make a lot of money. I might start a little cover band just to have...
  16. toddy

Yeah sadly teaching (at least face to face) is out of the question for me, and I'm also not sure I'd have had the patience to do it either. I just enjoy playing myself, but I'm sure teaching can be very fulfilling and also a decent way to make some consistent cash.
  17. toddy

Foo Fighters - The Pretender (drum/vocal cover)

Apologies for the sloppy playing and awful vox, I had too much energy.
  18. toddy

thanks for the info, and i think you are probably right. although i'm sure session work has suffered due to programmed drums, i think that live work (when festivals etc are normal again) is probably decent enough if you can tolerate the schedule and being away from friends/family.. just need to...
  19. toddy

Suggestions for drummerworld

honestly i would beg you to never ever lock old threads. this forum is an absolute treasure trove of information from the past few decades. even if people bump old threads who cares, this information is timeless and if someone accidentally brings back a thread from 2007 then what is the harm...
  20. toddy

Music Videos: Let’s see your faves

i was gonna post nirvana - smells like teen spirit but that's way too angsty for a sunny afternoon.