Search results

1. jefforr

Home Recording Setup - Gut Check my Plan Please

2 quick side questions to this....Are monitors an absolute must? I'm in a similar situation with where I'm going down my rabbit hole. I was just planning on plugging my headphones into computer when I want to listen to playback/mix. Or is this not an ideal way to go about it. I'm already...
  2. jefforr

Yamaha EAD10 vs traditional recording methods

Yeah, I definately think I'm going down the rabbit hole.
  3. jefforr

Yamaha EAD10 vs traditional recording methods

I've come across this Yamaha EAD10 module which I had never heard of before through a post on this forum. I'm looking for people who have used this for doing drum covers and what is your thoughts? I've been gathering as much information as I can before I decide exactly which way I want to go...
  4. jefforr

CHROMEBOOK AND DAW

I just want to be able to record my playing and loop a drumless song track over it pretty much. And again I'm not sure how the video thing will come into play. I'm a complete noob at this whole deal and am going w/ whatever suggestions I've received on this site. Thanks for all your input.
  5. jefforr

CHROMEBOOK AND DAW

I wanted to do video for the covers. Not sure how to even implement that into what I'm doing though. I'm getting a 7 pack mic kit and a behringer uphoria 8 input audio interface and was hoping that would work w/ the Thinkpad to run a DAW.
  6. jefforr

CHROMEBOOK AND DAW

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T450-Dual-Core-Professional/dp/B07MQ15G7M/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=thinkpad+laptop&qid=1642189572&s=pc&sr=1-14 So this should do the trick?
  7. jefforr

CHROMEBOOK AND DAW

Whats a good laptop that could be recommended for this type of work that doesn't break the bank?
  8. jefforr

CHROMEBOOK AND DAW

I'm going to start doing some drum recording soon. Got most of my equipment in order but had a question for anyone out there that is knowledgeable on the subject. I have my mics, interface (ordered) and now its time to pick out a computer and DAW. I have a chromebook that is about 2 years...
  9. jefforr

What do I need to buy beyond mics?

https://www.amazon.com/BEHRINGER-U-PHORIA-UMC1820-Black-8-Channel/dp/B01EXI8Y9S/ref=sr_1_1?crid=183NYWUKHI0SZ&keywords=behringer%2Baudio%2Buphoria%2B8%2Binput&qid=1641560526&sprefix=behringer%2Baudio%2Bu%2Bphoria%2B8%2Binput%2Caps%2C59&sr=8-1&th=1
  10. jefforr

RECORDING DRUMS w/ LESSER QUALITY DRUMS

When I was younger I played Sabian B8s for my first band I was in. I loved em but then again I couldn’t afford anything else. I stopped playing for 10 years and then bought a kit and used ZBTs. Never liked the sound. I sold em and now I have the I. I’m going to start replacing them w S...
  11. jefforr

What Is Your Favorite Drum Sound?

I love so many different drummers and the way they play on some of my favorite bands but for me....if I could take this drums and record it to sound like any drums I want this would be it:
  12. jefforr

I listened to the S series cymbal pack recording and I have to say, I can definately notice a huge difference between the I and the S with the S having a much more richer sound. Can't exactly put it into words, but the S just sounds better especially w/ the crash. I'm sold. Can't tell you how...
  13. jefforr

Are the S series that much better you think? I did have a set of the ZBT's back in the day.
  14. jefforr

I haven't begun recording yet, but plan to do so soon when my equipment arrives and I get it all set up. I've read a lot about the need for top quality cymbals to get a really good sound. I'm just recording from home and doing drum covers so nothing crazy but I still want it to sound good...
  15. jefforr

Recording

Awesome...thank you. Still haven't received my gear yet but looking forward to it.
  16. jefforr

Top-Heavy, Ride Cymbal Stand

Cant you just spread the bottom legs out further giving the stand more support? Thats about the only thing I see you can do and yes, make sure one of the Y legs comes along parallel to the boom arm as best as possible.
  17. jefforr

Your opinion: What does it take to be ready to play with other people?

I agree. When I was in high school - late 80s - there were 3 or 4 different bands all playing in the garage honing their chops and this was not a huge high school. I think its the style of music thats popular today. It's a lot more hip hop and pop music which doesn't lend itself to a kid...
  18. jefforr

Your opinion: What does it take to be ready to play with other people?

Definately just the timing at this point. Best to play w/ a metronome playing in your headphones. You'd be surprised by how many drummers think they are playing in time but are actually slowing down and speeding up but don't realize it. Also, Everyone in the band needs to be in time as well...
  19. jefforr

Fad of the 70's - no resonant heads

Just curious people's thoughts, especially those that lived through this time period or played during this time period. I've seen so many older pics of drummers that played kits w/ no resonant heads around the 1970's. Was this just an appearance fad or was it a sound thing that drummers liked...