Search results

1. donzo74

I think the moderators do a great job here!

I love my Maple Genista's, Al. I have the matching 14x6 snare but no aluminum snare to go with the collection. I have the 22x18 BD, as well as the 24x18. 12x9 and 16x16 toms. Small collection of Prems, but I enjoy them. Now, they are the Taiwan made drums, but they were made using Premier specs...
  2. donzo74

Hello! I'm the OP and this IS NOT a thread on that topic. Nowhere did I mention THAT SUBJECT in this thread, so please don't take it off topic and get me shut down! One of the previous threads that got locked was started by one of the mods, our very own Mayor. It was hijacked and went down hill...
  3. donzo74

I've been impressed with how the mods have allowed topics to be discussed and really only locked threads when certain folks came in cursing, insulting and gleefully wishing death on their fellow forum posters. There really are some bridges too far amongst civilized people. I was a bit shocked...
  4. donzo74

Please be careful:

Appeal To Authority - logical fallacy There are many experts in all facets of this research with different opinions. Saying "All experts agree that..." is a logical fallacy, wrapped in an absolute position that excludes anyone with a differing opinion from the one you hold. Are the people that...
  5. donzo74

Please be careful:

So you don't want to talk about any substance of the discussion but you will choose a side to criticize? He lied because he said he was going to bed but instead came back to check this thread and engage in more dialog? Sounds more like he changed his mind about what he was going to do with his...
  6. donzo74

New Orleans Jazz Festival in October cancelled

And there's the super compassionate and empathetic money shot. Thanks for showing your true colors! As if you needed to drive another nail into the coffin of your credibility. It's gone. DOA
  7. donzo74

I don't think you understand how epically you failed and how I surgically destroyed every single point you made and made you look so foolish by calling out your lies, while you projected and called me a liar. You make my point by suggesting my choice of vocabulary (ie; using words you don't...
  8. donzo74

Yeah, when I read something directed at me and it's obviously a snarky insult, dripping with sarcasm and condescension, I assume that I'm being insulted. I think we can agree I made that assumption based on lots of empirical data that you provided. Or, the vaccines could be causing the new...
  9. donzo74

My one regret. Never should have brought St. Neil into this. He was a great inspiration and a real thinking man. At this time, I would like for everyone to listen to Hemispheres and remember how he taught us not to abandon reason and let our great civilization go to ruin in sole pursuit of our...
  10. donzo74

Twisted way of looking at it, IMO, but it's your right to think that way. A purely emotional statement, typed in an instant, as an insult, without the slightest regard to fact, science or reason. No need to go any further with you. Good day!
  11. donzo74

No, I answered with a full sentence statement with a period at the end. Then I simply asked the question of what evidence you had that it came from nature. Do you understand how punctuation works? That helps in reading comprehension, which will help you learn things. Nice blanket statement with...
  12. donzo74

Makes one go, "huh?", huh? Well, in case "one" didn't know, around here, we generally talk about drums, drummers, cymbals, gear, technique, and musical concepts, in general. This is the off topic lounge, so a little leeway is given, and I'm sure this discussion is stretching it a bit. Here's...
  13. donzo74

Regeneron, that's what they gave Trump when he had COVID. He said he felt like Superman the next day. To vax or not vax is a false choice. Those are not the only options. There are available therapeutics and other lifestyle health choices and people should be able to choose if that is a better...
  14. donzo74

No, I didn't. I respect this forum and our attempts to keep it non-political. It seems that everything has become very politicized these days and this forum is one of the few places left where we maintain decorum and have respect for one another. Having said that, there is mounting evidence...
  15. donzo74

Have you heard of VAERS? Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. Here's what they say about interpreting their data: "When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. Reports of all possible associations...
  16. donzo74

DW9000 or Yamaha 1200 hihat stand

I have the 2 legged version of both of these. In my experience, the Yamaha 1200 spurs in the feet keep it from creeping away better that the DW9000 since the DW has spurs that are vertically aligned on the sides of the central base. The DW functions well and is big, heavy and tough, but the...
  17. donzo74

You can't blame those people. Who's data will you go with? The CDC changes theirs all the time. They were caught lumping several days of cases together into one day to make it appear that there was a big spike in cases in Florida. They were called out and had to change it. Should we go with the...
  18. donzo74

My kid is upstairs playing with the neighbor kid right now. We're being cautious but we aren't living in fear. And, if any of us should contract the virus, we won't blame our family, friends, neighbors. We know who to blame for this scourge... And I won't blame my fellow forum members posting...
  19. donzo74

I have friends, family, band mates and loved ones that have taken the different types of vaccines and for their sakes and for all of you, my drumming brothers and sisters out there, I sincerely hope that all goes well. I have chosen to remain in the control group for this scientific experiment...
  20. donzo74

I don't see where it was demonstrated that the unvaxed woman required or asked for help crossing the road. Did the stranger have a problem with the woman's right to cross the road, or to do so unassisted or unimpeded, or her right to choose what goes into her body? The story doesn't say. What...