Search results

1. SHAKEandBAKE

Good place for Custom Drum Wraps

Hey Guys, I need some custom drum wraps for some add on toms. I have a DW kit with the deep blue oyster finish ply, which DW does not make anymore.... sad. But if I can find someone who has or can make this finish ply, I can have them send it to DW and they will wrap my add on toms with it to...
  2. SHAKEandBAKE

My Introduction - Why I love the drums

I moved my intro to the correct thread. My bad.
  3. SHAKEandBAKE

DW Steel Piccolo Tom - Guess What??

They actually sound great! I picked up a DW 8" Piccolo tom, which was added to my current DW Collector's set (Year 2002, standard maple shells) consisting of 10x8 and 14x11 toms, a 22x18 kick, and a 14x5 black nickel over steel snare (soon to be a 13x6 DW maple 10+6 ply snare). The sound of the...
  4. SHAKEandBAKE

Need Opinions - 13x6 vs 13x5 maple snare drum

Hey guys, I know I want a DW 13" maple snare drum, 10+6 ply configuration (10 plys with 6 ply reinforcing hoops). Never owned a wooden snare drum, but I've heard the sound of some 13" maple snare drums and LOVE them. Currently, I play a 14x5 steel snare, tuned pretty high to get a nice crack...
  5. SHAKEandBAKE

Which Snare Wires to Get

Hey guys, I need new snare wires and want something different from the DW True Tone Snares I normally get. I've heard good things about the puresound stuff, like the blast series. I have a 5x14 DW Black Nickel over Steel snare drum. I tune it pretty high, and use the Evans Genera HD on the...
  6. SHAKEandBAKE

What ply dw snare does Tony Royster use?

I know it's a DW 5 x 13 Collector series maple but does he use the 6 + 6 ply or 10 + 6 ply? (the second number is the ply of the reinforcing hoops dw uses) I love that specific sound he gets from his snare in every video I've seen of him and been looking to order one if I could find out what...
  7. SHAKEandBAKE

What ply snare does Tony Royster Jr. use?

I know it's a DW 5 x 13 Collector series maple but does he use the 6 + 6 ply or 10 + 6 ply? (the second number is the ply of the reinforcing hoops dw uses) I love that specific sound he gets from his snare in every video I've seen of him and been looking to order one if I could find out what...