Search results

1. GrimmReefer

SPD-SX Trigger Inputs not working...

Thank you! Any suggestions for finding a good electronic engineer? Google is not helping with that. I just want to be sure they are familiar with Roland products.
  2. GrimmReefer

SPD-SX Trigger Inputs not working...

Howdy fellow drummers! Just throwing this out in hopes someone has had a similar issue with an easy fix. My SPD-SX which I used heavily works great but recently my trigger inputs have stopped working. I typically use a BT-1 as an external trigger. My assumption is a soldering issue at the...
  3. GrimmReefer

SPD-SX not powering on

Wow! It is crazy to revisit this post 4 years later. As a recap, I lost my mixer and SPD-SX at a gig do to a power surge (I believe) and had the motherboard replaced. I don't gig anymore but now have a TD-25KV and use my SPD-SX with a few BT-1's for extra pads. Yesterday, for the first time...
  4. GrimmReefer

SPD-SX not powering on

Help guys! My Roland SPD-SX worked fine this past Saturday at a gig. I pulled it out last night simply to test it with a new mixer I got and the thing would not power on. I tried plugging in to different outlets with no success. I have already ordered a new power cable and fingers crossed that...
  5. GrimmReefer

In ear monitor mix question...

OK let me first state that I am not a sound engineer so I apologize if i am not explaining correctly. I have a 4 channel mixer. Currently I run my Roland Sampler headphone output to channel 1. This is so only I can hear the click track. The Sampler Main output goes directly to the sound guy...
  6. GrimmReefer

Help! Lost Drum!

Hi Guys! Long story short I am looking for some direction as I have never done this before. The classified section seems to be for people selling so I didn't want to post there so please let me know if that is the best place... I have a Tama Superstar Custom Hyperdrive with Dark Desert Burst...
  7. GrimmReefer

Outdoor Shows - Head and Humidity

Hi guys! This is more to share my horrible experience but also to see if anyone else has had this experience. On Saturday night we played one of our favorite Venues. Its a dock bar right on the water. Boats surround the place and it is completely open to the night air. As usual it was packed...
  8. GrimmReefer

Two up - 13/10/16 config - Mounting issue

Hi Guys! Just curious if anyone has any ideas on mounting a rack toms. Maybe this is just a dream but I have a virgin kick, I don't want to incorporate a rack but I would like to mount two toms over the kick, slightly off center. I realize I could mount them both from cymbal stands coming...
  9. GrimmReefer

DJ Sounds - Roland SPD-SX

Hi Guys! Plenty of posts about the SPD-SX but as far as I can tell this question is unique. I was curious if/how other people are using the SPD-SX to perform DJ scratches for fills etc. I know I could build a loop and trigger it and play to a click however I would prefer in this case to perform...
  10. GrimmReefer

Mounting a Personal Mixer behind the Kit

Hi Guys! I have looked high and low for a solution to this with no luck. Long story short I recently upgraded my Roland SPD-S to an SPD-SX with external pads etc. To incorporate click it is time for me to go with in ear monitors. I purchased an RCF Livepad 6X which should work great to receive...
  11. GrimmReefer

Case for Roland SPD-SX

Hi Guys! I had the same issue with my Roland SPD-S. I can't seem to find a good case that will fit it for gigging. I have since upgraded to the SPD-SX and will soon have a few additional triggers to go with it. I am just looking for a durable case to fit all of it without breaking the bank. Any...
  12. GrimmReefer

New Teaching Position ***NEED ADVICE***

Good day to all!! I work full time for a technology company and have an opportunity to change careers and teach drums full time. I have taught in the past but it was for a summer camp when I was pretty young. I certainly know what goes into teaching and I love to do it but I was curious if any...
  13. GrimmReefer

Question Regarding Ear Molds for In Ear Monitors

Whats up everyone? My band is investing in a full in ear monitor system. We are going top of the line on all the pieces so i want to make sure my personal equipment is on the same level for the performance that i want. Basically, the guitarists and vocalists have been researching the best ear...
  14. GrimmReefer

Looking for input on In Ear Monitors

Whats up guys and gals? This post is really just for feedback on what i can expect more than asking for advice so i can make a decision. My band has already made the decision and is putting money together for a full in ear monitor system. We are on the major club level with the occasional mid...
  15. GrimmReefer

Kick Drum Trigger LIVE

I have settled on a trigger set up that i would like to use and need some guidance on whether or not it will work. I am going to get a pad for my hip hop snare sounds and get a kick trigger for the 808 kick sounds and such. The reason i am going with a trigger is because i dont want to hastle...
  16. GrimmReefer

Kick Drum Mic Stand Issue

Hello, I am having an issue with live micing of my kick drum. I am sure I am not the only one but i am hoping someone here has found a solution that would work. I have the normal type stands for the kick mic. I have the one with 3 legs and the one with the solid metal base. Both boom stands...
  17. GrimmReefer

Need Help!!!! Triggers and SPD-S

Whats up everyone. I am hoping someone can fill me in on some much needed info. I am currently in a Rock/hip hop cover band. Playing everything from Rage against the Machine to Bon Jovi to 50 Cent and Kanye West. Needless to say, I try and mimic sounds as much as possible. At the moment, I...
  18. GrimmReefer

Need HELP!!! Acoustic Drum Triggers

Whats up everyone. I am hoping someone can fill me in on some much needed info. I am currently in a Rock/hip hop cover band. Playing everything from Rage against the Machine to Bon Jovi to 50 Cent and Kanye West. Needless to say, I try and mimic sounds as much as possible. At the moment, I...
  19. GrimmReefer

Brand New Kit

Hey guys. I am new to DrummerWorld but have been a long time reader. This actually where i did my research to buy this kit. I thought i would have some fun of my own and give a post of my kit. Here are the specs. Tama Superstar SL Custom 18" x 22" Kick 6.5" X 10" Rack Tom 7"x 12" Rack Tom 12"...