Search results

1. A

Ever had your edges recut and you were unhappy with the results?

I Sent my stage custom tom shell bank in to be redone. 2 were roller coasters and a few others were off, but not outrageously so. I got them all done so they would be the same. They turned out great
  2. A

Remo Ambassador Head with Remo Emperor Head

There is an emperor snare side head. Its 5mil and quite appropriate although most prefer the Ambassador (3mil) or Diplomat (2mil)
  3. A

Zildjian "Armand" Series

The Armand is not really much like the sweet ride I have
  4. A

Guitar Center bankruptcy

Actually the arrangement calls for paying the MI suppliers in full
  5. A

Pearl vs. DW Drums Which do you prefer?

When you tune down to jaw like most do, they all sound muddy to me so that doens't really suprise me
  6. A

Pearl vs. DW Drums Which do you prefer?

You are the only person I have ever heard complain that DW's don't sustain long enough.
  7. A

What ultimately made you decide on the brand of drums you play?

Hell, I bought a shell bank of Yamaha Stage customs. I can do 4 up / 3 down if I want to and still did not buy every tom available. 14"/16" hanging floor toms would not get used so I passed on those. You got a great kit. I would never boot them out of my live room...
  8. A

Drum Gear Photography

Interesting kit. Guessing its vintage? I would chop the hihat rod off and get it out of your way
  9. A

How many of you drummers can play the guitar.

First drum lesson was about 40 years ago. Couldn't have drums at home so I took up guitar about 35 years ago. Bass about 20 years ago. I am not great at any of them but competent on all of them
  10. A

Barton...New to Musicians Friend

I have never liked duco finishes personally. They always came across to me as DIY weekend hatchet jobs but they certainly have a fan base. I have always been hesitant with the shared lug casing design too.. The extremely long lugs are too easily bent. Just my hangups, I have no idea what the...
  11. A

Want your input on steel snare drums.....

This.. This is a fantastic drum at any price. Caught a GC sale and got mine for $99
  12. A

Drum Dial Settings For Snare Tuning

What is medium? It means something different to each person. Tune it and listen.
  13. A

What Would You Do? (Need Advice Here)

I would say yes. You made a deposit. That is effectively a contract in my opinion. You need to honor that. I'm sure people break deals every day but that doesn't make it right.
  14. A

Why are Vater sticks cheaper???

Longevity has never been a big problem for me. I use firth mostly. Carlock / Garibaldu / extreme 5A models with a few pairs of Erskines when I need a little more from a ride pattern when recording. I still have a few pairs of Elvin Jones Promarks when I need to go light. I have tried a few...
  15. A

Tuning intervals for brighter sounding toms?

No necessarily but its plausible. It depends on which harmonic The tunbot is focusing on. A G to D# is a minor sixth. Its a larger than usual interval but is not a full octave.
  16. A

Trying to get a Van Halen Snare sound

Supra, coated whatever and a roll of duct tape.... :) :unsure::oops::alien: To GOOOOO...........
  17. A

Africa by Toto, Hi-hat sticking?

I will need to listen to that track again but s much stuff was in that drum loop that it is hard to know what was in the loop and what Jeff played on the kit. Any live video of that tune is going to be an intepretation of that and not a good source regarding what went down in the studio
  18. A

LM402 tuning driving me crazy

I would have thought you checked these things straight away and returned it. If it makes you feel better, I bought a set of new Yamahas last year and had to have the edges on all of the toms redone.... I could have returned them but I decided it was a good opportunity to get a different edge...
  19. A

Your best (and worst) band names

That appears pretty solidly in the 70's to me....
  20. A

What I got for Father's Day

That's not Tom Sawyer, thats Huckleberry Finn F@7 @33.... :) - Kyle Broflovski