Search results

1. B

Selling Mapex Saturn V Exotic Studioease Drumset

Selling this Mapex Saturn V as I have gotten more into jazz so I don't need the bigger drum sizes. This kit really does sound amazing and is a bargain for the price. It has never left my basement so it is in good condition and I have just polished the rims and tension rods as well. The sizes are...
  2. B

Selling Mapex Saturn V Exotic Studioease

Selling this Mapex Saturn V as I have gotten more into jazz so I don't need the bigger drum sizes. This kit really does sound amazing and is a bargain for the price. It has never left my basement so it is in good condition and I have just polished the rims and tension rods as well. The sizes are...
  3. B

Drumsticks

So I have bought Mike Johnstons vater signature and Thomas Pridgens promark signatures and have been using the promarks and they arwill too heavy to where it affects my technique and the vaters are tad too thin. So I am wondering how can I find sticks That are a good weight and diameter without...
  4. B

Suggestions for additional guests to my cymbal setup

So I've switched from paistes to meinl, the transition isn't fully complete so I have one bright crash cymbal i want to replace while the others are: Meinl sand hats, meinl transition ride and the meinl 18" thin sand crash. I'm thinking about the meinl extra dry thin 20" or the sand crash...
  5. B

Trying to get better but don't know how

I've been really REALLY trying to get better and practice. The thing is I have don't really know what to work on to improve (the only thing I know to work on is strengthening my left hand and to work on rudiments). What are exercises that can help my chops and grooves? P.S huge fans of Thomas...
  6. B

Problems with hand strength

I have a problem where on the toms or if the snare is tuned low I can't do good double strokes. The problem is I rely Solely on the rebound, how do I improve my technique where I don't really on the rebound which turns doubles into more of a drag rather than two single strokes?
  7. B

Mapex Falcon vs DW 9000

As the title says this is my problem right now, I was deciding between a Mapex Falcon or a DW 9000 but I can't try either in person. I want the pedal to feel light and smooth but still have nice power. Any suggestions?
  8. B

Snare for every genre

So I am deciding between a ludwig supra, a Rodgers d
  9. B

3 snares

So I am deciding between a Ludwig supraphonic, mapex nomad and a tama g bubinga. I want something that is versatile, very sensitive and has a nice crunchy sound to it but also very crisp. Also a cheaper price would definitely help. Warm, crunchy/crispy sound, nice crack tuned high or throaty...
  10. B

Ludwig snares

Sorry to beat a dead horse but I'm deciding between a aluminum supraphonic or a black beauty. I want something that is versatile, very sensitive and has a nice crunchy sound to it but also very crisp. Also a cheaper price would definitely help. Warm, crunchy/crispy sound, nice crack tuned high...