Search results

1. I

Focal Dystonia/Hand technique rehab techniques

Hi guys, I'm interested in feedback from anyone who has encountered problems with Focal Dystonia, any sort of involuntary clenching, tension, etc. If anyone has also used this process to develop Traditional Grip as a solution, please let me know as well. I'm currently in the process of trying...
  2. I

CRX Classic 14" China

I recently decided to make a second big stack with my 18" Paiste Swiss Crash, and pairing my 10" Stagg China with it didn't really cut it, so I ordered the cheapest non-brass and non-cheap-from-a-big-name China that I could find. Enter the CRX. I went to their website to see if they have...
  3. I

What are you working on now? (Aka the idea stealing thread)

Since we as drummers are such a sharing, caring bunch I figured it would be nice to start a thread where we talk about what we're currently working on, and maybe tips and tricks as to what helps you learn. I'm sure a thread like this exists but I couldn't see anything stickied! So, to start...
  4. I

Stop the press, today I found the best-sounding drum kit ever made

At the Sydney Drum and Percussion festival, there are many drum kits set up from various brands. As you do, I was wandering around giving things a good whack to see how they sound, and then I stumbled across a Sonor Vintage kit. Without going into too much detail, my first hit was at the 10"...
  5. I

The quest for speed in my early days...

I've been thinking a lot lately (as I do from time to time) about how when I was in high school, I was right into punk rock and as a result, this actually helped me improve very quickly - certainly as far as my hand speed was concerned, and single-foot doubles. After developing a love for...
  6. I

Has drumming peaked?

So, I was thinking today. Over the last few years I've seen many drummers appear on Youtube, but so few who are truly breaking new ground and being inspirational. Obviously the bar for what makes a drummer good has been raised to a certain extent, but I am yet to see the next Dave Weckl...
  7. I

Another reason we should all be practicing weak-hand lead!

Came off the motorbike yesterday and either broke or sprained my right index finger - just waiting to see the doctor again with X-rays for confirmation. I am currently working on about 30 songs for a performance in December. Fortunately for me, practicing leading with both hands for many years...
  8. I

Moving from Aquarian to Evans

Hey guys. I've been playing Aquarian for a looong time now, probably close to 10 or 15 years now. A problem I've had with my kit (Gretsch USA Maple) is that I've always found it difficult to tune with the Aquarian heads. There are two factors in this. The first is that the drums tend to have...
  9. I

Me playing. And stuff. Drum covers and originals!

Edited because of reasons
  10. I

Ultimate mega speed/control/timing warmup

Now that I have your attention, first and foremost what I will present here has taken years of stuffing around, research and frustration to reach. A bit of background: Speed has always been an issue for me. It has been the #1 hardest thing for me to build, and it initially stemmed from poor...
  11. I

Noticing a few trends here

There seems to be a distinct pattern towards people posting topics about the importance of cymbal/drum/head choice, and whether or not drummers are important/will be taken over by drum machines/what the audience thinks. Guys, honestly, you're missing the point. Why do you play drums? Do you...
  12. I

My drums!

Well, I finally got myself a rack, and felt the kit was now worthy of displaying on here finally. Also, I was too lazy to take photos before. Anyway, I picked up second hand Icon rack, with 9 rack clamps and about half a dozen cymbal arms for AU$500, which I was blown away about! So, here is...
  13. I

Meinl Byzance 24" Medium Ride

I have finally found the ride cymbal I want, after 10 years of searching! http://meinlcymbals.com/products/?tx_twmeinlcymbals_products[mode]=SERIES&tx_twmeinlcymbals_products[navId]=32&tx_twmeinlcymbals_products[product]=20&cHash=f6276305924896447dbc76bffe2a5f1a The clips on the website are...
  14. I

Playalong books

Hello all, I have been doing a bit of looking both across the Internet and in this forum, and unfortunately there is too much information - ie. the answers I'm looking for are buried amongst all the other answers. So, kindly don't tell me to 'use the search feature' because I already did...