Search results

1. James Hart

Heads are like bass strings…I hate them, too!

I will upgrade to Gretsch USA built shells... Broadkasters are the current choice. Probably early next year if I'm still digging it. Got my eye on a 16" Meinl hi-hat set first.
  2. James Hart

How big is your band room

my home office / home studio / man cave is 14' x 15' with a vaulted ceiling that runs from 10' to 16'. I have a pair of desks (1 work laptop and 1 my DAW setup) in a corner, electric guitar and bass set ups in another. Acoustic guitars and Upright bass in the next... and my kit in the last...
  3. James Hart

Heads are like bass strings…I hate them, too!

Since the early 80s... ultra light stainless rounds... brands have changed but the specs stay the same. I've added some fancy nickel flats my fretless 6 and... oh wait, drum forum :cool: I had zero preference, liked the look of the Evan Onyx stuff, liked what I heard on youtube... gave them a...
  4. James Hart

What's your latest purchase?

I did a lot of research and ended up with his signature snare too... not for him, but because they were both what I was after
  5. James Hart

Tama Round Rider XL. definitely worth the purchase for a large guy like me. Nice solid base... and looks good doing it.
  6. James Hart

I posted my Groove Bell as the latest... but I purchased a Gretsch Brooklyn Standard snare, Speed Cobra 900 series hi-hat & bass pedals, Tama XL throne, and all Evans Onyx batter (EMAD for the bass) & bass reso heads in the last month.
  7. James Hart

Yuval Gabay

They only have 3 releases... "Ruby Vroom", "Irresistible Bliss", and "El Oso"... There are only a couple tunes that I don't dig. "How Many Cans", "Sleepless", and "Collapse" are some favorite deeper tracks from Irresistible Bliss... the 3 tunes I posted are from Ruby Vroom... There big hit...
  8. James Hart

Deleted

Goals are good! Pre-pandemic I was living in a 900 sq/ft 2 bedroom, 1 bath... with a small 7x10 music room. in 2019 the wife and I decided it was time to move up and out (we had a late in life first child in 2015 and wanted her in a better school system). Summer 2020 we moved into a 3300sq/ft...
  9. James Hart

Yuval Gabay

Soul Coughing was a weird group... toxic personal relationships and borderline abuse in the end, or maybe just a lead singer unable to balance ego and insecurity. Yuval's style comes from outside the typical genres... I listen to him with the same ear I listen to music sung in languages I don't...
  10. James Hart

Deleted

I'm a bassist with pro level gear but have an AutumGlo Ric 4003 bass on order with Sweetwater and a very custom fretless 7 string bass in the build queue with a builder in Poland. I do plan to upgrade my Upright bass... but that will be 2024 or later. Guitar wise I am set with a very gig...
  11. James Hart

Yuval Gabay

Turkey and Israel aren't that far from each other... so you were close. I searched him and only found my mention of him in my intro post. I love his spin on things.
  12. James Hart

Lol... I was looking for a deep subtle bell. It is mellow compared to some and a decent deep pitch
  13. James Hart

Meinl Groove Bell
  14. James Hart

your most favorite bassist/drummer rhythm section

Ward/Butler Martin/Wood Gabay/Steinberg
  15. James Hart

Yuval Gabay

Any other fans? He is in my top 5 drummers and one of the main reasons I recently took up drums (I'm a bassist since the 80s).
  16. James Hart

INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? James Hart Age? 54 How long have you been playing? drums, just starting... Bass for 44 years Origin of user name? My old man, I'm a Jr Your top 5 drummers? Bill Ward, Yuval Gabay, Billy Martin, Manu Katché, Ringo Starr Make of drumkit? Gretsch Brooklyn Standard Snare, Astro shells...