Search results

1. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Double Pedal skill/technique issue (HELP!)

You've been playing drums for less than 2 years and this is a long journey. There are no short cuts, just drilling away. The drummers you look up to have been at it for decades and at one point they were where you are right now. They put in a ton of work and got to where they are with their...
  2. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Just Something Fun to Kick Off The Day…

I didn't watch all of the video, but I'm assuming he's on a click and playing to a sequenced track. A buddy of mine played on a tour where there were sequenced tracks and all of the show's lights were also tied to the click, so if your off you see & hear it. This was playing tech-death at 200+...
  3. SYMBOLIC DEATH

What piece of gear didn't live up to expectation.

I love mine because I can set it so the hats open smaller than a regular drop lock clutch without it popping open like drop locks do.
  4. SYMBOLIC DEATH

What piece of gear didn't live up to expectation.

What didn't you like about?
  5. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Help Identifying My Snare

It has 2 too many lugs to be an acro.
  6. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Help Identifying My Snare

What does the inside of the shell look like. I'm no Ludwig expert but if the inside hasn't been messed with, that will give the experts an idea what it could be. Edited ro add: My guess is it's a Supraphonic that had a bad case of acne and they sealed it with whatever is on the outside of the...
  7. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Can someone help identify this DW5000?

If they don't have them now, they went backwards which is weird. I guess my/our perspective of needing a double that can be used as 2 singles isn't needed by most drummers.
  8. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Can someone help identify this DW5000?

It's not home made. The DW double that I got back in 2001-2002 had the beater holder, hoop clamp, and spring mount on it. They may have gone backwards since then because I haven't used/followed DW pedals since 2003 when I switched to Axis.
  9. SYMBOLIC DEATH

New to E-drums i have Question.

I'm not familiar with that module at all, but the AUX jack maybe an input. If you have the manual for it you can find out what it is used for.
  10. SYMBOLIC DEATH

New to E-drums i have Question.

Are there inputs on the module that allows for this? If not you can use a small mixer to mix the levels from the module and the music.
  11. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Help IDing these sticks?

I think those are pro mark 5b oak. You can see the "birds eyeing" (1st pic left side ) that oak stick have, which I've never noticed in hickory wood grain. The OP also mentioned a finish on the sticks and the oak sticks feel very smooth like they've been lacquered. If you go to a music...
  12. SYMBOLIC DEATH

I Porked My First Pie Tonight

Am I the only one that's bothered by how much his throne moves around? I thought at times it was going to fall apart. Does Tim Alexander have back issues?
  13. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Tom Preferences?

I like them both just fine, and probably use rack toms more because they're right in front of me. If I were able to put my 16&18 right in front of me they probably be my go to toms, but then I'd have to be 7 feet tall which creates bigger problems in life.
  14. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Drummerworld Merch

Would it be a cylinder or typical coffin shaped, and what heads would you put on it?
  15. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Ever have one of "those" snares?

Have you tried fire to solve the problem?
  16. SYMBOLIC DEATH

A drummer association word game.

Yes! Now for the clown in a van. Surely someone can get to the core of this....
  17. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Yes, but not who I was referring to. Another hint are they do videos specifically playing covers one handed, that are insane.
  18. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Happy Birthday Andy

Happy birthday Andy. It's my oldest son's birthday today too so according to my records you're 14 today.
  19. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Thats not who I was referring to specifically.
  20. SYMBOLIC DEATH

Yes, but not who I was referring to.