Search results

1. TK-421

Okay Pearl people, explain this

I just stumbled across this, and I just have to ask… WHY???? I can’t think of a single reason to have a curved boom arm, but maybe some Pearl user can shed some light on me...
  2. TK-421

Something weird is going on with my bass drum batter head.

It keeps rotating clockwise, and I have no idea why. I've had this head on my bass drum for almost 2 years now, and until a few months ago it didn't move. Then all of a sudden I noticed the Remo crown logo was creeping over toward the top right lug, so I pulled out my kick, loosened all the...
  3. TK-421

Now THIS is funny!

I don’t know if this is legit or not, but deep down I really hope it is ;)
  4. TK-421

What drummers say vs. what non-drummers hear

Kick drum Die cast Tom arm Swap heads Rim shot Crash High hat Kick mic Trap set Suspension mount
  5. TK-421

What drum kits do you consider to be "legendary"?

I'm limiting this list to just kits, not snares, not pedals, not cymbals, or anything else. The first two that come to mind are Yamaha Recording Customs and Gretsch USA Custom. Hands-down some of the best sounding and most recorded drums in history. Speaking of Gretsch, Broadkaster comes to...
  6. TK-421

Should I buy this snare I want but don’t need?

I own four mid-to-high-end snares, and I like all of them. 1) Gretsch Brooklyn Black Nickel over Brass 6x14. This is my favorite and lives on my studio kit that I play regularly. It’s the best sounding snare I’ve ever owned. 2) Gretsch Brooklyn COB 5x14. This is my 2nd favorite, and my go-to...
  7. TK-421

Come on, Guitar Center...

I know you're probably understaffed and underpaid, and drum department personnel have to babysit unruly drummers all day long, so the last thing you want to do is place an ad for the used gear you just bought. But come on Guitar Center, IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE CYMBAL!!! 18X6...
  8. TK-421

Bad Drum Photography

In this day and age where every smartphone has a really capable camera that's like having your own personal Annie Leibovitz, how on earth is it even possible to take such horrible photos—especially for something you're trying to sell? This Craigslist ad claims this is a vintage K ride. Maybe it...
  9. TK-421

This guy's probably a better player than everyone on DW...

...and he's not even a drummer!
  10. TK-421

Forum Optimizations

You're the technical supervisor. Can you get rid of that stupid requirement that search terms have to be at least four letters long? As it currently stands, you can't search for tom, rim, key, lug, hi hat (because both "hi" and "hat" are too short), and I'm sure plenty of other drum-related...
  11. TK-421

Poll: What kind of drummer are you?

Just curious. You can elaborate on your answers in the comments if you like.
  12. TK-421

Anyone care to guess what this actually is?

Because this does not look like a ride cymbal... or even a cymbal. More like a cymbal blank before it gets turned into a cymbal??? https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Zildjian/2002-20in-K-Custom-Dark-Ride-Cymbal.gc?rNtt=zildjian%20k%20custom%20dark%20ride&index=4
  13. TK-421

Anyone else listen to iFusion Radio?

I'm referring to the online streaming station out of Ireland. I don't know who runs it, but I'm guessing it has to be a drummer becuase I'm constantly hearing tracks by guys like Billy Cobham, Dave Weckl, Gary Husband, Manu Katche, etc., plus a lot of jazz and fusion that I hadn't heard before...
  14. TK-421

YOUR bands' album covers

We've seen the worst, then the best. Now let's see album art for your bands. Whether you designed the album art or merely performed on the album, is there anything you'd like to show off? I designed all three of these. The first two are for actual projects I was part of, so I drummed on these...
  15. TK-421

Those giant bass drum spurs from the 70s/80s

Does anyone know what's up with those comically large bass drum spurs from the 70s and early 80s? I was watching Santana at the '82 US Festival, and Michael Shrieve's Gretsch kit had those ridiculously oversized spurs. And for the life of me, I can't think of why anyone would have designed spurs...
  16. TK-421

Why do I get so many conservative banner ads here?

Just like the title says. Everything from guns to Trump, I see banner ads for them here all the freakin' time. And I never see them anywhere else. It certainly can't have anything to do with my browsing habits, as I'm pretty liberal and never visit sites that would trigger ads like these. Am I...
  17. TK-421

Steve Gadd Livestream from the Baked Potato this Saturday

Hey DW, I'm sure many of you have heard of the legendary Baked Potato jazz club in Los Angeles, where many greats regularly play such as Vinnie Colaiuta, Virgil Donati, Chad Wackerman, Danny Carey, Simon Phillips and countless others. I'm fortunate to live in LA, so I've been there many times...
  18. TK-421

What's your Drummerworld number?

Being bored stuck at home, I had a thought. How many of the Drummerworld Top 500 Drummers have I seen perform live? Living in LA helps, as every tour comes through town, I go to NAMM every year, and the local jazz clubs host such luminaries as Vinnie Colaiuta, Simon Phillips, Dave Weckl and many...
  19. TK-421

I designed a new recording studio website

Like the title says, I designed a website for my friend’s recording studio in Texas. In fact, I’ve done all of their branding thus far, including logo, color palette, business cards and now this. The site turned out great, and just launched this weekend. Check it out, and if you’re in the area...
  20. TK-421

Musician uses algorithm to generate 'every melody that's ever existed and ever can exist'

And all this to help prevent copyright lawsuits. Only time will tell if it actually works. https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/music-copyright-algorithm-lawsuit-damien-riehl-a9364536.html