Search results

1. E

Who's using a throne with a back rest?

I have a Roc-n-Soc w/backrest and wouldn't be without it but I do not gig any more so I don't have to hassle with that.
  2. E

Apartment Living - Electric kit vs Mesh Heads LV cymbals

How sad. I have no suggestions but am truly interested because as an "oldster" I am considering moving into condo or some other local where someone else maintains much (if not all) of the property. I really don’t want to give up my drumming. Then again, I don’t want to be the annoying new neighbor.
  3. E

For the nostalgia threads

This is going to really sound weird but I loved tearing off the plastic cellophane LP wrapping – just not the same with a CD or now streaming. BUT, don’t get me totally wrong, I am a true Spotify fan.
  4. E

Terrible Noble and Cooley News

Thank you for the explaination - much appreciated. I'm a Gretsch guy but this still sounds really sad to me.
  5. E

Terrible Noble and Cooley News

I may have missed this but who is the current owner and why/how did the Cooley decedents become redundant? How sad. . .
  6. E

Short sound guy rant.

Maybe it's just me but I'm missing the significance of the sound guy's stature?
  7. E

The "two drummer blues"

Interesting and it sounds like you two get along together. Very uplifting story - love it. . .
  8. E

Your favorite drumshop.

Used to be this place but now it too is gone.
  9. E

Bar Owner Double Booked, How Do You Respond

How absolutely disgusting. Hopefully bad karma got them back.
  10. E

Bernard Purdie Interview / Rick Beato

Thanks for sharing - this is what I what I wanted to know. Now I wonder how many of "us" are setup as such? Again, thanks. . .
  11. E

Thanks all for your input. it never occured to me to setup differently. I like it.
  12. E

Toms left to right setup as 12>10>14. This is what I was asking in an earlier post. Is this common? Do many of you configure your kit as such? No biggie, just wondering.
  13. E

Not to detract from the interview which I liked (Yeah, BP can be a little into himself but that’s fine with me too) – but I have a different question. Maybe this is quite common but I noticed he has his high tom on the right side of his 2-up configuration. Is this more widespread than I thought?
  14. E

Anyone Famous?

. . . and you Bermuda – as others have eluded to. I can’t speak for everyone but I suspect we all much appreciate your input.
  15. E

Playing drums with glasses? ..yes or no...

Since I'm quite miopic (-9.50 diopters each eye), I wear mine all the time. . . .
  16. E

Where are all my "Drum Buddies" from?

Just south of Titletown USA (i.e., Green Bay).
  17. E

Ride vs hats

Hats more than rides but use them both and would miss one if I removed it.
  18. E

Locked vs. rotating throne?

Yes, I can move my forward to just touch the small of my back.
  19. E

Locked vs. rotating throne?

Roc-n-Soc manual fixed spindle w/backrest - love it (especially the backrest).
  20. E

Offset lugs?

Ahh - this one actually doesn't look that bad.