Search results

1. A

Shoulder Injury

What is the fix? Physical therapy?
  2. A

Does the Drum Dial serve a purpose if you're using a Tune Bot?

Sounds like Drum Dial can shave off some time doing large macro adjustments before making small adjustments with the Tune Bot where as the Tune Bot may require more time to get you to that same overall spot?
  3. A

Does the Drum Dial serve a purpose if you're using a Tune Bot?

I currently have both and I've been thinking about selling my Drum Dial. Before I sell it I was curious if there are any roles the Drum Dial fills that the Tune Bot cannot. Is there any specific benefit to owning both or is the Tune Bot sufficient for most people? Thanks,
  4. A

Tama Star Cast Mounts - really wobbly?

Resurrecting this thread like Mickey Mouse summoning the brooms dressed as a wizard. I was a bit concerned at the wobble in my Starclassic floor tom, but this seems to be normal. My kit was made in 2020 so I assume they've made no changes since 2016 regarding stability. Feels stable, just...
  5. A

Shoulder Injury

Been having upper chest/shoulder pain and a tingling down to my fingers. Like you, it would come with certain motions, but now seems to come on more frequently. We’ve ruled out heart issues so going to do an EMG test next week to see if I pinched a nerve in my shoulder. Like you I assume...
  6. A

What's your latest purchase?

Bought a used 4 piece Tama Starclassic Maple Exotix in ocean Blue Fade Mouningui. Was $2k. I like the finish and the drums were made in 2020. Seemed like a fair deal. Only downside is the finish was only available in 2019/2020 so it’s been hard to find the matching snare. This is what it looks...
  7. A

What's your Practice Regiment?

Can you pick a page and exercise of Syncopation and expand upon this? Walk me through how you’d practice a specific exercise.
  8. A

1 up 1 down (4 piece) Kit Suggestions

Pretty sure Pearl has the Masters Maple Complete in 1 up/1 down configurations with a 16x16 FT. A bit over your budget, but you can probably find used for close to what you're looking to spend. https://pearldrum.com/products/drum-sets/masters-maple-complete/masters-maple-complete See their...
  9. A

Open handed drumming - ideal drum/cymbal placement for a right handed drummer?

Interesting to see the ride even lower than his hat. I’ll try that tonight. Currently I have it above my hat height wise.
  10. A

Someone asked me earlier - why play open handed? Tbh it feels more natural for me. I never liked the cross over feeling playing hats. When I played on a friend’s kit in college I started by playing open and quickly heard, “that’s not how you play. You need to cross over like this.” I tried it...
  11. A

I got a pair of GK UltraPhones on Friday.
  12. A

Can you see and reach your material on the stand easily?
  13. A

Yeah I definitely need to move it to a better position. I’m limited due to how close I am to the left wall. Side note the accoustics in this room are horrendous. Any tips for stuff to add so it’s not so harsh sounding in this room?
  14. A

I'll see how high it sits up, but I've heard this is kryptonite for shorter folks.
  15. A

Who would I bring the bass drum to so they could open up a hole?
  16. A

Inside the bass drum is a metal plate. When I bought the kit from the guy I asked if we could remove the metal plate before putting a head back on since I planned on mounting the toms on top and I heard that they sit high up if they don’t go into the bass drum (I’m not tall). We removed the...
  17. A

Tinkered with some stuff last night: I moved my crash to the right and lowered it quite a bit. Moved my ride to my left and it sits above my small tom and HH. Liking the feel of this and it feels more natural to have the crash on my right for me. What I need to address next: I'd like to...
  18. A

New to Pearl. Need advice for a Pearl Snare and your thoughts on the Masters Maple Complete/other mid-high tier Pearl drums.

I think I’ve seen that video twice myself now. I just relistened. I think I like the bronze or maple best. I’m looking for a warm snare that can perform at all tunings and I thought both sounded great. I took some notes as I listened. I really loved the Bronze snare at high tuning. Medium...
  19. A

Agree 100% on this. I was thinking about this last night as my head was cranked to the side. What should I do to make it easier to see straight ahead, but also keep it in reach? Mount something on my bass drum? I’m pretty sure I saw music stand clamps and bass drum mounts online.
  20. A

New to Pearl. Need advice for a Pearl Snare and your thoughts on the Masters Maple Complete/other mid-high tier Pearl drums.

Thank you. Going to listen to more clips today to make sure. Just looking for the most versatile material that sounds great (to me) at most tunings. Not looking to get anything too specialized. Any thoughts on the other snares I mentioned such as Duoluxe or Sensitone?