Search results

1. Q

Do people actually like the “ring” of metal snares?

I was a "no" ring guy at first, even with wood snare but started to like ring or ping when I learnt how to tune drums and realized it's what makes a snare having a personality vibe. I have only 2 metal snares, bras and aluminium and I put the minimum just thinking on how I would need it to sound...
  2. Q

I guess I just don't like...

All the time, people are crazy about Black Beauty and Supraphonic and I prefer my Dunnet 2N Alu compared to the Supra and I have no BB, I miss the whoo factor that I have with woods, that's why I think I have 10 wood snares and 2 metal only.
  3. Q

What's your latest purchase?

I love this cymbal, it might be in the future my 2nd 22" with my Paiste Master 22" dark crisp ride.
  4. Q

Where did you order it?
  5. Q

Color trends

I love this color, i was trying to convince me that I need the black recording custom because it's Gadd's color but if i ever buy a RC kit, it will be this one, so nice!!!
  6. Q

Remote hi hat stands

I have the Pearl RH2050, my Meinl Foundry reserve are on it and it works really well, I don't feel any lag, I could even play both hats at the same time, the Tama Dyna Sync and the Pearl RH. Well goo enough for me and cheaper than the Tama or DW.
  7. Q

Gotta love a graph

Last time, two years ago I think, I was starting to loose a bit at 12.000 and could not do it over 14.000, I was pissed!!! Well, at 57, might just be ok.
  8. Q

Chasing recommendations for dark and dry hi hats

I was going to propose to you the Meinl Benny Greb Sand hats, dry and dark but still high pitch played on the edge, my main hats for Funk/dance, they are loud. Creamier and less loud, darker and lower pitch, Meinl foundry reserve 14", I have them on a remote hats at 12h30 O' Clock on the kit. I...
  9. Q

Anyone else go for lower tension on their snare side head??

It all depends on the depth of your snare and the margin you have between your two heads. If you have a 5", and you want to have it at a high pitch, let's say, A3 or A#3, or even B3, it all comes down to the interval you have left. Over 400 hertz for your bottom head and it will choke the drums...
  10. Q

I will have to put my list of Snares to buy on hold..... The prices are crazy nowadays!

This one: https://www.long-mcquade.com/47907/Drums/Snares/Pearl/Sensitone-Premium-14x5-Inch-Snare---Phosphor-Bronze.htm
  11. Q

I will have to put my list of Snares to buy on hold..... The prices are crazy nowadays!

I like a lot the new arch tube lug on the Sensitone Premium bronze, that might be my bronze snare in the future, the price is very well placed.
  12. Q

Yes, finally, Musician friends found a way for me to order it, it's on its way, i know a guy here, who take pictures for a living, who will be really happy to see me getting the same rack" Proline Utility Snare Rack. I could put 8 snares on it, normal size, maybe 3 only if one of them is a 7" or...
  13. Q

Musing on snare collecting

Well, I'm looking for two more metal, one brass and one copper and then, done, I'm more of a wood type kind of guy and have already a lot, 10 wood, even if I don't have all existing wood, which is almost impossible to get, the wood I have are enough different for me to be happy...I just need one...
  14. Q

To reply to cbphoto @cbphoto, I tried it with the clamp on the rims with a pretty heavy hitter yesterday and nothing, no bad sound, so, what I did is that I used the shoe horse stand for the other snare, on the far left, that had a clamp attached diry to the main pole of the snare stands bin a...
  15. Q

To reply to cbphoto @cbphoto, I tried it with the clamp on the rims with a pretty heavy hitter yesterday and nothing, no bad sound, so, what I did is that I used the shoe horse stand for the other snare, on the far left, that had a clamp attached directly to the main pole of the snare stands but...
  16. Q

Ok, so, on the good advices of another guy on Drumforum, I listened again to the "Drummers' review" on youtube about the all Yamaha Metal range and for sure, they sound really good, I had forgotten a little bit how good they were. So, if I go with a Yamaha for my second aluminium, considering I...
  17. Q

Yes, I know, and anytime I tried to buy from them, at first, I receive a basic common answer to my questions, like a bit, "Black Beauty and Supra are the best", while my questions were more of a beginner (Maybe they know that I might not be their usual clientele and that sending snares from USA...
  18. Q

Drum gear you don't like the looks of but you like the sound of it

I'm the same, they take so mush, too much in the shel, they cover everything.
  19. Q

Just went on Dale's drum shop online, never been there. He has the real photos, way better than the stock photo of Tama, he has a ton of nice stuff, even if there is a lot that are out of stock but at least, you know what you are buying aesthetic wise. The Tama Peter Eskirne is awesome, it's a...
  20. Q

Well, I know it's stupid but because I do a collection, I want to be in love with all my snares and for Porkpie, I don't like the logo. Don't kill me but the look is important for me but yeah, I will check it, I know that his wood shell are made by Casks drums, right?