Search results

1. kindbeats

The "Sticks In Space" Solo Series

Who wants to waltz on the Moon? For this solo, I wanted to try and paint an image of astronauts sauntering across the Moon's surface in close to zero gravity. To achieve this floaty effect, I decided to play a steady waltz ostinato with my feet while using two superball mallets to play...
  2. kindbeats

The "When Nature Calls" Meditative Series

Need to decompress during the middle of the week? Relax or meditate to this hour long, late night, lone temple block stridulation session around my pond. Feel free to interact with the recording as well. Have a conversation with me in clave! :) When Nature Calls Ep. 02 - Lone Late Night...
  3. kindbeats

The "Painting With Percussion" Solo Series

Thank you, man! I grew up watching Bob Ross (and actually did one of his paintings from the "Joy of Painting" series in middle school!) and it's cool to see that his show transcends the States (especially since it was only aired on public broadcasting system here). Happy painting and God...
  4. kindbeats

After tackling a myriad of technical issues (as well as taking care of my new beagle puppy, Bonham) I'm finally back at it! The second episode in the "Painting With Percussion" series focuses on interpreting an oil painting by Rico Tomaso, entitled "Bullfighter III". The reason I chose to...
  5. kindbeats

The "Sticks In Space" Solo Series

"Sticks In Space" is an experimental solo series focused on sonically interpreting planets, constellations, and other space phenomena. There are no rules here, just exploratory freedom. Episode 1 is a short interpretation of entering the void of outer space, having just left the Earth. It's...
  6. kindbeats

Yeah, most of the new series that I've started are heavily avant garde and exploratory based. After doing wake 'n break videos every day for five and a half years, I just needed to move away from grooving and push myself in new ways. I definitely don't expect the majority of folks to enjoy the...
  7. kindbeats

Oh no, I was referring to the "man made" element that you mentioned. I can totally see how a woodblock could stand out in a soothing sounds of nature track or video. lol
  8. kindbeats

It's all good. I definitely know that this kind of thing isn't for everyone. Also, nice Napoleon reference! ;)
  9. kindbeats

It truly is an escape from the consistent grind of our society. Glad you liked it!
  10. kindbeats

"When Nature Calls" is a new meditative series that focuses on interacting with nature rhythmically. These are lengthy and incredibly minimalist pieces that are perfect for relaxation, meditation, sleeping, or even interacting with. They're based on Billy Martin's concept of "stridulations"...
  11. kindbeats

Lol! I'm glad it piqued your interest and I hope you enjoy the series! :)
  12. kindbeats

I'm stoked to finally bring you the first of five new series! "Painting With Percussion" is an experimental solo series that revolves around using drums and percussion to explore and sonically interpret paintings, photos, film clips, sculptures, dances, and any other form of visual art. It's a...
  13. kindbeats

"Wake 'n Break" Series

Thank you so much, Andy! A new chapter begins soon. :) Today marks the final episode in the Wake 'N Break series. I created this series five and a half years ago as a personal challenge to make sure I got behind my drums and created something everyday. The fact that I'm ending this series on...
  14. kindbeats

"Wake 'n Break" Series

Holy crap, today marks 2,000 wake 'n break vids with zero days off! :) I decided to just have some fun with this halftime backbeat groove that utlilizes an old Hammerax Bash for metallic clap effect, as well as two cowbells on a hi-hat stand. I want to thank each and every person who has been...
  15. kindbeats

"Wake 'n Break" Series

Hey folks! :) Today's wake 'n break is a two bar phrase that utilizes two cowbells. Taking the bass drum first, we have notes falling on "1&2" in both bars. Looking at the hi-hats next, we have notes falling on "1&2" with open notes on the "&" of 2 and on the "&" of 3 in both bars. Moving...
  16. kindbeats

"Wake 'n Break" Series

Hey folks! :) Today's wake 'n break is an uptempo groove that is built on top of the baiao foot ostinato, but the groove itself is sort of a hybrid with additional touches of second line and rudimental drumming. Taking the foot ostinato first, our bass drum is falling on 1 and the "a" of 1...
  17. kindbeats

"Wake 'n Break" Series

Hey folks! :) Today's wake 'n break is a slow and laid back groove that utilizes a technique that refer to as a "tom slide" because it is similar to a conga slide. To pull this technique off, simply strike the head of the tom and then use your other stick to glide across the head. Taking the...
  18. kindbeats

"Wake 'n Break" Series

Hey, folks! :) Today's wake 'n break utilizes two different types of shakers, with one being an African nut shell shaker and the other being an African Y bottle cap rattle, with the former being used to strike the hi-hats and snare drum and the latter being used to strike the rim of the bass...
  19. kindbeats

"Wake 'n Break" Series

Today's wake 'n break is a two bar groove in 6/8 and is sort of a hybrid of Afro-Cuban and Brazilian rhythms. It also utlizes a tamborim on top of my ride but you can use whatever sound you would like. Taking the bass drum first, we have notes falling on 1 in the first bar and on 1, 3, and 5...
  20. kindbeats

"Wake 'n Break" Series

Today's wake 'n break is a busy two bar groove that has a heavily ghosted snare drum part. Taking the bass drum first, we have notes falling on "1&", the "a" of 2, on "3&", and on the "a" of 4 in the first bar. In the second bar, we have notes falling on "1&". Looking at the hi-hats next, we...