Search results

1. TomInHouston1969

Anyone here play a 13", 14", 16" setup?

Hey there, all. I have a drum kit that has 13, 14, and 16 inch toms and a 24 inch bass. It's a fiberglass (Pearl) kit. I've been experimenting quite a lot to get a great sounding kit with different head combinations and different tunings. I'm a little stuck on trying to find good rough pitch...
  2. TomInHouston1969

Help In Identifying This Snare

I bought this snare recently and the guy I bought it from labeled it a Pearl snare even though there's no label or badge on it. I will include a picture, but here's the pertinent info: It's a 14" x 6.5" metal snare drum with 8 lugs. The finish is that black with gold-like flecks in it similar to...
  3. TomInHouston1969

Help In Identifying This Snare

I bought this snare recently and the guy I bought it from labeled it a Pearl snare even though there's no label or badge on it. I will include a picture, but here's the pertinent info: It's a 14" x 6.5" metal snare drum with 8 lugs. The finish is that black with gold-like flecks in it similar to...
  4. TomInHouston1969

Drum head pairing question for a Pearl fiberglass kit

I have a 70's Pearl fiberglass kit that I am in the process of putting new heads onto. I have a few random heads that haven't been played on that have been gifted to me by a kind soul. I am about to work on the 16" floor tom. Here are the 3 heads that I have right now to work with: 1. Remo...
  5. TomInHouston1969

Snare drum sustain question

Lately I've been experimenting with a tuning app called DrumTunePro. It's going pretty well, but one question I have that I'm hoping someone can help me with. When tuning the snare drum, it asks for the fundamental tone you're going for and then gives suggested lug tunings for the top and bottom...
  6. TomInHouston1969

Custom Snare Drum Question

I saw someone selling a customized Pearl steel 14" by 6.5" snare drum with fiberglassed interior. What would your expectations be of this drum? Are they trying to recreate a Fibes snare drum? Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!