Search results

1. C

I owe the IRS for 2018..

Yeah, I'm not disputing that.
  2. C

I owe the IRS for 2018..

It's all too complex though, with multiple loopholes that disadvantage ordinary working people.
  3. C

I owe the IRS for 2018..

Couldn't agree more. The UK is hell bent on lowering taxes. We are seeing rising crime, decrepit public services and a two week wait to see your doctor. Many European countries have higher taxes, which having visited recently equals free or cheap healthcare, tidy and modern city centres. As for...
  4. C

Cheap (inexpensive) vs high dollar snaredrums....

I made a decision to stick with my Craviotto Black Cherry snare drum - my most versatile snare.
  5. C

Is this song's opening considered a shuffle of other?

The Wizard track is a shuffle (that is the drum feel). It seems to be in slow 4, with some chord changes and drum fills on odd places in the bar. If you count slow 4 the melody and chords almost always change on 1 (the downbeat).
  6. C

Is this song's opening considered a shuffle of other?

Shuffle is about feel and groove, not time signature. The video is 7/8, with all the 8th and 16th notes played straight, not swung.
  7. C

Is the James Gadson 16th note shuffle suitable for blues?

Shuffles are in 4/4 or 12/8, not 3. Most blues songs are counted in with 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. A lot of jazz standards (with the classic dotted feel) are counted in with 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. It's just a 4 with a swung groove as opposed to 4 with a straight groove.
  8. C

Old people being cheated by their children

What is the relevance?
  9. C

I've already written my will. I have no children but I'm leaving some money (as well as some valuables) to my two nieces. That is MY choice. The bulk of my money (and house) is going to my partner, if she lives on after me. At the point of her death whatever is left ALL goes to eco charities...
  10. C

Compensating for pedal natural wiggle

As above. It's just unconscious with me now. The front part of my foot never leaves the pedal, and controls the pedal. The back part of my foot goes up and down, mostly up, but can be down if there are gaps between the bass drum hits, or I'm not playing the bass drum for a bar or more.
  11. C

Battery power on stage.

There should just be mains power for the drummer, end of story.
  12. C

Compensating for pedal natural wiggle

I still don't understand that. A baseball is out of your control until you catch it and clutch it with your fingers. My kick pedal is never out of my control. I can't think of a perfect analogy. maybe the steering wheel of a car. You can have no hands on it and more or less drive in a straight...
  13. C

Yes, one or two 'versatile' snare drums, then one or two alternative flavours. That is all you need. If you are gigging drummer you can use one decent snare for everything, two snares maximum. I could use my 6.5" Craviotto Black Cherry for most things, and actually do. If you are a studio...
  14. C

This is ONE dark discussion. Happy Thanksgiving (giving!) and Seasons Greetings to you all. Maybe read 'A Christmas Carol' over the holidays.
  15. C

What type of snare is this and what's it worth

Just a heads up that the more expensive Dominion is being sold by Rubix which seems to ask absolutely top dollar for everything. I have been watching an N&C snare they've had listed for at least 6 months, and it's a couple of hundred over priced.
  16. C

Football Soccer World Cup

The Wales v USA game was pretty poor IMO. Looking forward to France v Australia tonight - as a semi-Aussie.
  17. C

I rented one for a Roland sample session and was mighty impressed. I borrowed a Sleishman brass snare for a sampling session in Australia and thought it sounded 'OK'. It's one of their cheaper drums, usually discounted. When I got the recordings back to the UK I fell in love with the sound of...
  18. C

I probably own 12+ snares. My Black Cherry Craviotto is extremely versatile. I don't take ten snares on tour, or to a local gig. So it's great that the Crav seems to always sound good playing on a large stage with a loud band AND in a small bar playing low volume. It sounds great in rooms with...
  19. C

No, it's because it might be 10-20% better and that small percentage advantage is worth it to some people. What I find with the best 'expensive' drums is that they deliver in multiple situations, often difficult situations, whereas a cheap drum might need a perfect situation. One of the best...
  20. C

Drum hardware bag on wheels with handle

I have several by Protection Racket. Two full size and two half size. They're fab.