Search results

1. C

More Dire Straits and Jeff Porcaro.

I didn't want to be a touring drummer, I was mostly enjoying studio sessions at the time. I totally looked up to the American studio guys of the time, Rick and Jerry Marotta, Omar Hakim, Andy Newmark and Jeff Porcaro. When I was invited to take Jeff's studio performances on tour, around the...
  2. C

Drum Overhead Video

Testing my overhead options, just for fun and my own education, so not super scientific. Featuring Pork Pie, Istanbul Agop and the Cymbal Resonance System.
  3. C

SPD-SX Pro

New Roland sample pad: Lots of new features and improvements users of the original SPD-SX have been asking for.
  4. C

Interview For Produce Like A Pro

I recently chatted with Warren Huart for his Youtube channel 'Produce Like A Pro'. I'm a fan of his channel as he's interviewed lots of amazing musicians and record producers. PLAP
  5. C

Drummersonly Podcast #56

Check it out if you like: https://drummersonly.co.uk/drummers-only-radio-56-chris-whitten/
  6. C

Great Youtube Video - Noble & Cooley

Interesting short film looking behind the scenes at Noble & Cooley: Business Insider
  7. C

Live And Let Die (1990)

A 'pop' song with different time signatures, tempo changes, loud and soft dynamics, three or four different grooves. Oddly covered by Guns N Roses. N&C Horizon kit (1991) and Istanbul Agop Traditional and Mantra cymbals (2021).
  8. C

TD-50X Expansion Pack

Today I'm launching one of the first, if not the first, 3rd party expansion pack for the TD-50X (Roland v-drums). Ten new kits containing 63 high quality drum samples recorded in several of the UK's best studios. To hear audio demos...
  9. C

Dire Straits 'Calling Elvis' with Noble & Cooley/Istanbul Agop content

My shallow dive into 'Calling Elvis'. Massive props to Jeff Porcaro, a huge hero of mine: