Search results

1. davor

youtube channel recommendation

Hello, I've been enjoying some guitar learning youtubers (I sometimes think about dusting off my old guitar but never get round to it!). Anyway, one channel I like is Mike Palmisano - he goes through songs/ does reactions to performances and shows licks and cool things going on. I'd like to...
  2. davor

Sound/feel level of Cy-12 and up vs Cy-5 or Cy-8

The rear section (the part you don't hit) of the CY5 and CY8s are hard plastic (no rubber) The CY 12s are all rubber. I wouldnt say there is a big difference in the feel of the rubber between them, but obviously the 5 and 8 have plastic sections at the back, whereas the 12 does not The set up...
  3. davor

Monitors/Speakers for electric drum kit

Roland PM 10 is what I use
  4. davor

What is the softest (and cheapest) bass drum beater?

Hello folks I'm trying to reduce kick drum noise/vibration on my e-kit, so have swapped the rubber pad for mesh. I'm now looking for a soft beater and identified the Tama Soft Sound Beater. However, it just seems so pricey for what it is. So is anyone aware of a better and/or cheaper...
  5. davor

FAST crash - to have, or not to have

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this cymbal. I'll look into that What other crashes are you using?
  6. davor

FAST crash - to have, or not to have

Similar to the other post (member suspend6) ongoing at the moment, I have a niggle in my mind that I might want a fast crash. Why is it I can't go a few months without thinking about a new cymbal that I may or may not need?!😭 Anyway, my crashes currently are 18" PST7 Thin Crash, 16" PST Crash...
  7. davor

If it wasn't for Drummerworld...

This, for me too! But I'm not sure I can call drums "my craft" unfortunately!
  8. davor

Small quiet-ish home setup?

They don't call you Wildbill for nothing!
  9. davor

What would you recommend in terms of a mixer?
  10. davor

Thanks, so the attraction of this for me then is: 1) virtually silent kick (when compared to my bass drum pedal whacking a rubber pad) to hook up to my TD9 2) can use with band to give extra sound options, like cowbell, clap, jingles etc, as can be played with sticks Downside: 1) the feel...
  11. davor

Right, of course, I see what you mean. The audio-in appears to be Midi on the TD9, or there's the "mix in" which I plug my smart phone into usually (for backing tracks) With that in mind, I could find an adaptor so the SPD One could plug in?
  12. davor

I've stumbled across "Roland SPD One - Kick" ... these pads looks very versatile. These can be used with feet, wondering if this would be usable with my TD9? It has the attraction of having a lot of applications, not just kick, can be played with hands/ sticks, has various sounds etc ( could use...
  13. davor

Your Paiste Cymbal Rig

Holy sh*t 😳
  14. davor

Roland TD9-K2 vs Alesis Command Mesh

The hi hat is the weak link in both of these kits....I know for sure you can upgrade the Roland hi hat to a VH11, however this can be pricey (but could be worth it further down the line into your drumming journey). The existing hi hat is certainly sufficient enough however Also, bear in mind...
  15. davor

Roland TD9-K2 vs Alesis Command Mesh

I picked up a used TD9 for a good price a few years back (when I started learning), and it's been brilliant! It has its drawbacks of course, but 90% of my practice and development has been done on it. If budget is an issue for you, you can't go wrong with the TD9. I'm afraid I can't compare it...
  16. davor

ok thanks, the cheapest option seems to be the KU100. Its Yamaha so will it definitely work with a Roland e-kit? If so, how would the KU100 compare to the KT9? The price difference is considerable!
  17. davor

Interesting thread - got me wondering about getting a beaterless kick for my Roland TD9 as my neighbour below complains about the tapping and I'm sure its the bass drum/ kick. I see Roland have KT-9 (beaterless pedal) , does anyone know if its compatible with older brains/modules such as the TD9?
  18. davor

China/Trash Cymbals - what for ?

Bulldog , what place do your China's take in your set up? I'm asking as my 1st China is a 14 and I'm wondering if it's loud enough (but I haven't actually recorded it with the band, it's only my perception from behind the kit!) If anyone else has a view on China sizes and how/where people use...
  19. davor

Your Paiste Cymbal Rig

2002 heavy hats 14" Dixie 18" (nice sounding as crash, despite being Nickel silver!) Pst7 - 18" thin crash, 16" crash, 14" China, 20" ride
  20. davor

Zildjian or Paiste?

PST7 are a good place to start if you are new to drumming and want new cymbals. This is what I did I started with the hi-hats, played them and enjoyed them for over 4 years and have only recently upgraded to a second hand pair of 2002s My crashes and ride are PST7 and I'm not in any hurry to...