Search results

1. Swiss Matthias

If you can only have one Snare drum….

Sonor Artist Amboina for me, easy choice. I wouldn't buy it for the looks especially, and it is expensive, but man I love the sound and feel of it, and I play almost everything with it. I bought the Jost Nickel signature model some time ago, and I love it as well, but still I have difficulty...
  2. Swiss Matthias

Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

Yesss the Sonor Artist (not Artisan) Amboina model is the best snare in the world to me and has been my faithful working horse ever since I got it. I always come back to it. I just so love the fat, meaty, warm, delicate sound for more or less everything I play.
  3. Swiss Matthias

Could It Be? A Hemiola In A Modern Pop Song??

That's quite easy: The song has a triplet subdivision, so you could count the subdivisions to 3 respectively to 6. Any rhythm in 6 (and the 6/8 latin and afro-cuban stuff is famous for this) can be either grouped in twos or in threes. You can even switch between the two very quickly (in the same...
  4. Swiss Matthias

Which forums have you stopped visiting/contributing?

Thanks Andy, you're the best!! Hope you're fine!
  5. Swiss Matthias

Which forums have you stopped visiting/contributing?

Sadly I'm rarely here these days ... I check new threads from time to time, but I don't have much time to read or post. I even don't find much time to create more of my little videos, which I regret the most. When I do though, I'll sure post it here 😃.
  6. Swiss Matthias

RIP Ralph Peterson

Oh no :-(
  7. Swiss Matthias

Do bands always have their best material behind them?

I think it depends on the commercial orientation of the band in any given point of their career. One Norwegian band that I've become a big, big fan of quickly comes to mind: Leprous don't seem to care about success in the commercial sense that it would influence their output. They do what they...
  8. Swiss Matthias

Why do critics still exist?

Awesome ?(y)
  9. Swiss Matthias

What's your latest purchase?

Yeah, should've posted that link – thanks!
  10. Swiss Matthias

What's your latest purchase?

Jost Nickel's signature snare – love it :D!
  11. Swiss Matthias

Swiss Matthias' short beatz thread

Beat #41 – not spectacular, but I liked it:
  12. Swiss Matthias

Happy Birthday Andy

Happy birthday Andy!!
  13. Swiss Matthias

Another this or that question: Sonor SQ1 or PROLITE

Prolite for me ?. But the new finishes with the shorter bassdrum depths!! It's a matter of personal preference though, I guess. I love the sound, the look and the hardware and mountings. SQ1 are great as well!
  14. Swiss Matthias

Aaron Sterling

Awesome! Aaron is great!
  15. Swiss Matthias

Jazz: Hiromi - Simon Philips - Anthony Jackson - Album Move

Love Hiromi's band albums! Voice is my favourite, especially the great mellow track Temptation. Have you guys seen this little covid facebook video series of hers? She made a few one-minute-compositions and invited bass players to accompany her. I think she did an unbelievable job with these...
  16. Swiss Matthias

Beat No. 40 :D:D
  17. Swiss Matthias

Your ugly drumming face.

You should be Oasis' drummer!
  18. Swiss Matthias

Beat #39 – Easy groovin'
  19. Swiss Matthias

Thanks man! Ha, your exercise clearly reminded me of my patterns as well ?! Loved how bar 16 lined up beautifully with the saxophone :giggle: .
  20. Swiss Matthias

I'm sorry!!