Search results

1. felonious69

You know you’re getting old when...

So that old folks like me can chuckle when some kid in a store asks if $1.99 per hashtag is a good price for chicken.
  2. felonious69

What is your favorite drummer joke?

(stolen from Drew Hastings) A drummer who hasn't been playing out, is hurting for cash. To let go of some stress, he and his girl watch a movie...Indecent Proposal. After the movie she asks: Would you take a million dollars for someone to sleep with me? He replies: Well hell yeah! But let's be...
  3. felonious69

G.A.S. has been studied and is a real thing - Article

There are actual conditions that I'm sure for one reason or another some people will never recognize and therefore never respect. One condition I am susceptible to is getting down, bummed or downright depressed and that has lead me to the liquor store or the dealer more often than it should have...
  4. felonious69

I own one drum set...and woohoo, it's about freaking time! Now I just gotta learn how to play it. GF used to always say: Why do you need a drawer full of just hammers?... until she asks me to fix something. Rip, claw, tack, rubber mallet, wood mallet, ball pien, various sizes... Hammer time!
  5. felonious69

I think a lot of this behavior is more related to people who think better gear will make them better players and/or cooler. One example, I think is @Andy s post regarding people "applying" for the position of new bass dude with pictures of his gear and nothing more. I have a lot of tools but if...
  6. felonious69

Or it COULD be... Oh, you only have a seven piece?!?!? This is a closed meeting. For serious people!
  7. felonious69

Don't forget the 12-piece meetings! Gotta have meetings at least once a day or you'll never be cured! "One drum at a time" "Give in to your Hi hat power" "Keep Drummin back"
  8. felonious69

I wanted a drum set...always have. When she initially nagged (just a bit), I told her: "I actually had about five thousand dollars at my disposal, so I could've gotten something a LOT closer to this!" (Showed her a pic of YOUR kit). She conceded.
  9. felonious69

I suppose then, SHE would be saying: "What have you drummed for me lately?" Just can't win! And the kit she DID let me get is Zirconia I think.
  10. felonious69

Best Jingles

What'd'ya call a kid who can hit like that. Ya call that kid a cracker Jack What'd'ya call a kid who can skate like that. Ya call that kid a cracker Jack What'd'ya call a snack with a secret toy surprise in the pack Peanuts and popcorn to make your lips smack It's Caramel coated Cracker Jack
  11. felonious69

OH what a GREAT point!!! I don't wear ANY jewelry at all...no ring, watch, necklace, anything. The only reasons I wear glasses is that I can't wear contacts (Chronic eye infections). And I like to see. But with THIS philosophy... I feel the need to "adorn" myself... "Honey, does this 22 inch...
  12. felonious69

I have thought about porting my bass drum...but I have seen the stick bag thread...and...YEEEEOUCH!
  13. felonious69

Are you still happy?

E. Gary Gygax was born in Illinois but he spent (A LOT) of the last of his life living in Lake Geneva, WI (about an hour from here-unless I'm driving, then it's about 25 minutes). When I get in the car I automatically cast a haste spell...Habit. He often hosted D&D games at his residence, I...
  14. felonious69

When I started getting guitars again, I wanted to get my fingers back because of hand damage. I have 6 now, but I wanted "different ones", so I have A 12 string acoustic, a 6 string electric acoustic, and electric bass, and acoustic electric (Dreadnaught style) bass, a Stratocaster and a Les...
  15. felonious69

Are you still happy?

Just got home and secretly repotted the little miniature rose. When she noticed it she says "Awww did you get that for me?" I say I got it for us. She says: "If you'd have said you got it for me, you would've got more points." I said "I don't need points. I still have a drawer full of C&P green...
  16. felonious69

Are you still happy?

LOL 13 years. 13 YEARS!!! And the other day..."How many sweet potato fries do you want with your dinner?" I say "I hate sweet potato fries!" Her: "Have you ever even tried them?????" Not even CLOSE to the first time she's asked that either! "I'm F_____G 56 years old! Of Course I've tried them!"...
  17. felonious69

Are you still happy?

My dad, my whole life, had the INTENSE Reefer Madness mindset. He used to ALWAYS beat the crap out of me (because he was almost always drinking) because I was "insane" or whatever he thought. The first time I ever defended myself and beat the crap out of HIM was when I was 14 or 15...and things...
  18. felonious69

Are you still happy?

If I had a nickel for every dollar I wasted on drinking and drugging, I'd be...wait... See? It's STILL got my brain kinda screwed up!
  19. felonious69

Are you still happy?

Haven't played D&D for decades. But still the ONLY video game I ever play. Original Xbox. I am working on how to mount a sword to my kit, cuz Trolls ya know.