Search results

1. B

Black Beauty Questions and Input Needed!

Thank you for your input.
  2. B

Beautiful!!!
  3. B

That's the problem! I played a hammered 5" and an 8 lug 6.5" and really liked them both. I will probably end up with a 6.5" smooth shell to begin with. I appreciate everyone's insight!
  4. B

Oh man....now you have me thinking!
  5. B

So far majority seems to like the 6.5 smooth shell with Imperial lugs. I really appreciate the input from everyone!
  6. B

8 lug vs 10? 8 lug tunes lower?
  7. B

Anyone play a 5" hammered? Tube or Imperial lugs? Die cast hoops - do they kill the sound of a BB?
  8. B

Thanks Chris. Have you played any hammered versions? Are you a fan?
  9. B

Hello All! I am looking to get a Black Beauty and I have two questions for you: First if you were going to get ONE Black Beauty, which one would you get. Second, what do you think is the quintessential Black Beauty sound? I'm thinking that some will say to get the 6.5" because it is...
  10. B

What is your “old relable” snare drum ?

…and yet multiple people on this thread, on a drum forum, listed Acrolites as their favorite go to snare…in 2021. I guess the “hay day” must be over….
  11. B

Zach Hill NYC

I’m not 60 but The first video reminds me of walking into a Guitar Center on a busy Saturday. There always seemed to be someone “playing” drums by hitting them as hard and as loud as possible and then looking around for adulation. I recognize that he is playing fast.
  12. B

Is there such a thing as a dry ping ride?

Check out the Zildjian Earth Ride
  13. B

The Beatles.

Oh man, wait until you hear Abbey Road and the White album. I was late to the Beatles too. I started learning how to play bass and basically learned by playing Rage Against the Machine and the Beatles.
  14. B

The Song Every Drummer Tries to Play But We All Play it Wrong

This has to be a joke. Right?
  15. B

Short free form solo..throwing in more chops than Jack Nicholson in The Shining

Great video! Great playing! Don’t let these people stop you posting again. Keep em coming!
  16. B

Buying a ‘fast install clutch’

Ha! I always thought the Remo was sort of the standard. I didn’t realize there were so many! For the record, I have the remo and really like it.
  17. B

DW HiHat short?

My 9000 came with two rods; one long and one short.
  18. B

Rubber for Bottom of Bass Drum Pedal

Not sure what you refer to in #11. A drum rug is a rug you bring with you. It rolls up, has Velcro surface and protects your drums and the surface below it.
  19. B

Rubber for Bottom of Bass Drum Pedal

Use a drum rug?
  20. B

Got my new Sonor SQ1's today....Meh..

Fess, please don’t respond to the fanboys. It just makes them respond more. this is a forum for communication. If I received a response that said, “We’ll, you didn’t buy SQ2s, what dI’d you expect?” I’d be pretty pissed.