Search results

1. V

I modified my Pearl Flat Base Cymbal Stand..........

Overall, I really like these, although they are on the pricey side. I like the fact they are convertible to regular tripods (although I never plan to use them as such, it's nice to have that option). I also love the Uni-Lock tilter and the cool 50/50 foam/felts it comes with. I also dig the...
  2. V

If we gathered up all the used Zildjian ZBT's, Sabian B8's and Meinl HCS Cymbals........

..................................I think every person in the USA would have a minimum of two (not just drummers mind you, the entire USA population). Holy Moly there are an absolute zillion tons of them out there!
  3. V

Anyone know if the PDP Bass Drum Cover Plate works for Tama?

Greetings, Does anyone know if the PDP Bass Drum Cover Plate holes line up for the standard Tama Mount (in this case, the currently available Superstar Classic Maple)? Thanks.
  4. V

Did PDP Discontinue the Wood Hoop Classic Line of Concept Drums?

Greetings. I see they have a Limited Edition 2021 kit with wood hoops, but the wood hoop concept kits that used to be available are no longer on their website.
  5. V

Red Zildjians?

Greetings, I happened upon this on ebay. Does anyone ever remember Zildjian issuing these? The seller is in Massachusetts, so it's not like it was special Europe or non-USA edition (at least I don't think). Maybe they were for an artist or music festival or something? Looks like A Series or...
  6. V

Low Volume Cymbal Comparison/Review: Zildjian L80 vs Kasza Quiet On The Set

Greetings, I posted a short video comparing these two brands. I have copied and pasted from the video description here for your reference. This is a comparison video between the Zildjian L80 Low Volume Cymbals and the Kasza Quiet On The Set Low Volume Cymbals. Zildjian: 18" Crash/Ride, 14"...
  7. V

Fire at the Zildjian Factory

This is old news by now, but I didn't see it mentioned here. A friend of mine in the Boston area mentioned it to me. Looks like crews responded quickly and limited the damage...
  8. V

Chicago Drum Show 2021

Anyone planning on going? I'm proud to say that I will be an exhibitor this year! If you attend, please stop booth #77 and say hello! It will be named Bob Sharp and AT Drums (me). I am splitting a booth with my friend and longtime show veteran Bob Sharp (some of you may know him). The link...
  9. V

Sonor Sonic Plus from the 90's

Greetings, Spent the weekend down in Nashville with my fiancée for my birthday. I stopped at the "new" Fork's Drum Closet (now owned by Steve Maxwell). It's in the same neighborhood as the old Fork's but in a different building. I'll have photos and a "review" of Fork's in a separate thread...
  10. V

Why use expensive, good sounding cymbals?

.........................When you are hanging tambourine jingles and percussion effects off of them? Wouldn't a crappy beginner cymbal sound basically the same as a "base layer" at that point? I don't get the fascination with making cymbals sound like garbage can lids made of cheap sheet...
  11. V

Remo Fiberskyn/Skyntone Questions

Greetings, I notice that typical Remo Diplomat heads are 1 ply. 7.5 mil, yet the Fiberskyn is 7.5 mil + a 3 mil polyspun Fiber (the "Fiber in "Fiberskyn"), so a Diplomat Fiberskyn is a 1 ply, 10.5 mil. A regular Ambassador is 10 mil. So basically, a Diplomat Fiberskyn is an Ambassador weight...
  12. V

Drum truths that defy science, gravity or explanation..................

Greetings, This is a thread about those sort of "Murphy's Law" moments or "How is that possible?" moments with our gear and drums/drumming in general. I'll give some examples: Why is it that every piece of hardware has to get caught on every other piece of hardware in your hardware case...
  13. V

Anyone going to drop 2k on the Armand 100 Cymbal?

https://zildjian.com/armand-zildjian-100 Me neither! It's cool that Zildjian is doing this, but for TWO FREAKING GRAND?????? First off, how "vintage" is the 20" cymbal you are getting? Did Armand and/or Zildjian really set aside 200 of these back in the 60's or 70's because they were...
  14. V

Low Volume Cymbals-Any Experience with "lesser" brands?

Greetings, I have a full set of the Zildjian Low Volume cymbals for my teaching studio and am very happy with them. I have now moved a second kit into my studio so I need to get another set of low volume cymbals. I could go with Zildjians again of course, but as we all know, they are pretty...
  15. V

Sequel/Follow Up to "The Drumset Musician" Book?

Greetings, The Drumset Musician is a great book that I use with a lot of my students. As far as I know, there is no sequel or Part 2 of the book. Does anyone have any recommendations on what would be a suitable follow up or sequel The Drumset Musician? Something in the intermediate to...
  16. V

Chromacast Hardware

Greetings, This came up in the recent "Lightweight 2 Legged Hi Hat Stand" thread. Not many people probably know of this brand. It is imported/distributed exclusively by Go DPS Music in California. It can be ordered on their website, Amazon, Ebay and Reverb. They offer Value Series, Pro...
  17. V

Zildjian Streamlining Their Stick Catalog.....Going All In On "Hipness" As A Whole

Greetings, I noticed that Zildjian has discontinued quite a few models from their catalog recently, namely the Hal Blaine Artist Series, the hickory and maple Jazz models (which I loved), the Big Band Jazz model, the 6A, the Super 7A Maple and the entire "Gauge" Series, which was a really cool...
  18. V

Tama Superstar Classic

Greetings! So I just happened to be near my local (soon to be purchased yet again) Guitar Center. I always like to go in and see what they have on clearance. Look for the orange tags. It varies from store to store. Sometimes you can get some absolutely amazing deals. Anyway, I noticed two...
  19. V

DW CX (Turbo) Models vs AX (Accelerator) Models

Hello, I have never purchased a DW Pedal. I have used some in the past that came with a kit or I got used. What is the difference between the CX and AX models? Does it have to do with the shape of the cam/sprocket that the chain drive sits in? The length of the stroke? Footboard length...
  20. V

DW 3000 Throne vs. PDP 800 Throne....Any Difference?

Greetings! Does anyone have any experience with either of these thrones? I am trying to figure out the difference between them. To me they look exactly the same, aside from the printing on the seat and the "branding" on the rubber feet and wing nuts/wing screws. The DW is $90, the PDP is...