Search results

1. SomeBadDrummer

What is your “old relable” snare drum ?

Have you looked into hearing aides 🦻 hahaha?:ROFLMAO:
  2. SomeBadDrummer

I do appreciate the fact that no two cymbals are identical even mass produced. it would be interesting to do a blind test to see who could discern the difference in each. cheers!
  3. SomeBadDrummer

What are you listening to right now?

Pat Benetar is awesome
  4. SomeBadDrummer

Oh my, that one sentence has the potential to be explosive 💣 A variety of sizes of Zildjian A’s is all anyone needs for a classic quality cymbal sound :). With snare drums there is such a wide variety of shell materials, dimensions, hardware, manufacturers, build quality, etc. for unlimited...
  5. SomeBadDrummer

which TAMA SLP or Starphonic snare for home practice

You didn’t mention a budget, but you might want to consider a Starclassic 14 x 5.5 walnut/birch. Fantastic snare drum for the money. Used start around 300, or brand new for around 400.
  6. SomeBadDrummer

Sort of like.. why does my car drive better right after I’ve given her a good wash?
  7. SomeBadDrummer

Ok so it’s throwback Wednesday with one of the early and sustained/preeminent new wave bands of the big hair decades. Nothing too fancy but definitely part of musical memories especially of the 80’s. I remember :rolleyes::unsure: some pretty wild parties ✨🌿🪴🐸🍄💫 🔥🎼🥁🤹‍♀️🎡🎇🌠📀☮️♠️♣️♥️♦️🏁 with stuff...
  8. SomeBadDrummer

Amen brother, may it resound with heavenly choruses delightful to the ear of even the most High.
  9. SomeBadDrummer

Annoying newbie question No: 10,000,000,000.

My approach is based on a lifetime of experience starting in earnest about 40 years ago. Sounds like you got there a lot quicker than me using modern devices, so kudos for learning how in short order. (y):)
  10. SomeBadDrummer

Efficient practice tips?

Welcome back @toddy! You have Platinum member cred, glad you made it back from the other side and back in the saddle again.
  11. SomeBadDrummer

Annoying newbie question No: 10,000,000,000.

The whole ruler thing is so unnecessary. How to replace heads on a drum: Take care to set the head evenly across the shell and then carefully place the rim in alignment with the lugs. Finger tighten each lug and then symmetrically tune to taste. Flip and repeat.
  12. SomeBadDrummer

My personal favorite sing along: And this song I’ve heard a thousand times before, but this video is a new one for me (the intro scene explains a lot about the meaning of the song which has been previously lost to me);
  13. SomeBadDrummer

😎👀 Don’t worry, they’ve got you covered
  14. SomeBadDrummer

YT knows what you’re thinking
  15. SomeBadDrummer

Thanks for posting this again, now I’ll watch it several times trying to dissect the storyline. My only complaint about the FOS video is that it takes way too long to get to Phoebe! But worth the wait…
  16. SomeBadDrummer

Pic of yourself

@GetAgrippa you look almost more normal than I thought you might based on some of your previous memes ( or is that imoge) lol, now I suppose that’s subjective of course
  17. SomeBadDrummer

Back in the 80’s this was called heavy metal… probably more hard rock, but whatever you call it, it’s a fun album with which to bang your head
  18. SomeBadDrummer

What's your favorite "Blues" song?

This is a fair reckoning, I have always been much more partial to Blues than Country and colorblind musically. Here are two of my all time favorite bluesy tunes
  19. SomeBadDrummer

What's your favorite "Blues" song?

Actually you are one of the few to post songs that fit the criteria of the OP. So congrats on that. secondly great tunes.
  20. SomeBadDrummer

Just because